VA Loan versus BAH. Moving to SF to study and considering buying a home versus renting.

Asked by Luz Perez, San Francisco, CA Tue Apr 10, 2012

I'm a first time home buyer and I qualify for a VA Loan with a housing allowance of 2700. I am moving to SF, but will only be there for 6-8 years for school. I am wondering if buying a home would be more beneficial than renting for that time period. I would like to keep my mortgage down to ~$1700 per month and can afford a down payment of $25,000. What price level home should I consider?

Answers

2
Ivan Diaz, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, 79936
Tue Apr 10, 2012
Hi Luz,

I work for a Regional Mortgage Bank and have helped many VA buyers purchase in the Bay Area. I would love the opportunity to provide you with a conditional Approval letter that will give you the peace of mind when you look for a potential property. Cooperating rates provide an additional benefit to purchasing vs renting. Costs can also be minimized to get more purchasing power. With our approval letter you can discuss your location and property options with a Real Estate agents like Bob.

If you would like more information, contact me at your convenience. I can also provide you with online links to my professional resume. Thank you for your consideration.

Ivan Diaz
Mortgage Consultant
idiaz@lhfinancial.com
(415) 271-7740 direct/cell
Bob Evans, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Tue Apr 10, 2012
I have helped VA buyers and know the system. If you have a Realtor that knows VA you are far ahead over BAH. You can purchase in the $400-500,000 a home or condo.
You can call me at (415) 308-5902 for more answers.