Home Buying in Union>Question Details

Cruzd, Home Buyer in Union, NJ

Union,nj or bergenfield,nj ? Which gets more bang for buck?

Asked by Cruzd, Union, NJ Wed Jul 25, 2012

Answers

3
Here are a few facts about the Union School District Direct from the Superintendent

Union High School has a 93% Graduation RATE!!

Stellar Performing Arts Programming.

2 Years ago, TOP MUSICAL IN THE STATE - TOP MUSICAL DIRECTOR IN THE STATE.

4 YEARS RUNNING UNION IN ONE OF THE TOP 100 SCHOOLS FOR MUSIC IN THE COUNTRY......YES COUNTRY!

Athletic Success - Most Recently Winter of 2013 TOP GIRLS TRACK TEAM IN THE COUNTRY.

TECHNOLOGY - ALL NEW COMPUTER LABS in all schools 2013-2014

UNION has Small Class Sizes with Good Student to Teacher RATIOS....Individual attention is emphasized.

Staff members tend to stay in the district, - LOW RATE OF TURNOVER.

DISTRICT IS EMBRASING THE S.T.E.A.M. Initiative Program (SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING, ARTS & MATHMATICS) with new classrooms, equipment and staff in the HIGH SCHOOL FOR 2013-2014

The Creation of Hannah Caldwell School is an indication of the initiative and vision of the board of education.

---All information above supplied by UNION Superintendent April 2013

If anyone has any further questions about the schools improvements please contact the superintendent directly.

If anyone has any REAL ESTATE Questions, Call me or email me BROKERTINATORRES@gmail.com
973-332-3022

THANKS...Hope this was helpful
It really all depends on what your looking for in a town. I live in union county now and my town is known for its schools, its shopping, its close by transportation, its center of town...

People are coming from new york, buying homes in union and bergenfield all the time. If your worried about getting the most bang for your buck, I would look more at the home. If you could get a 4 bedroom home in a nice part of town and put some work into it over the years, I think you will be in good shape.

Matthew Simone
All Towne Realty
732.320.6299
Depends on what you're looking for.
Your best bet is to spend some time in each neighborhood - eat in the restaurants, shop in the stores, attend the local events.
If you're looking for information on crime - check out http://www.njsp.org/info/stats.html and http://www.nj.com/news/bythenumbers/.
If you're looking for information on schools - check out education.state.nj.us/rc/.