The best way to get current, accurate, information on any property is to work with a Realtor. As Realtors we have many tools at our disposal (that we pay for, such as MLS, tax records, etc.) that the average person does not. Additionally, a Realtor who specializes in certain market niches might also subscribe to other services to enhance their ability to help their clients. I, for instance, also subscribe to a service that gives me relatively up-to-date information on foreclosures.
So, with all that information available to me, here is the most accurate information available at this time on 1359 Bennet St, Compton.
1. This home was last sold in an arms length 07/15/2003.
2. In 04/2005 a grant deed from the owner to the owner was recorded. On some sites this shows as a sale. My take is it was a refinance.
3. The home was refinanced again (twice) in 2006.
4. On June 24, 2009 the current lender filed a Notice of Default against the property.
5. On October 20, 2009 the house was "sold to the Bank" in the foreclosure sale on the courthouse steps.
What this means to you is, this home will soon come on the market as a Bank Owned property. The bank will list it with a local REO listing agent and any Realtor in the area will be able to represent a buyer who might be interested in purchasing the property. So, if you are interested in this home, your best bet is to connect with a Realtor who can keep an eye out for when it comes on the market. At that time you can make an offer and if it is strong, backed with all the information the REO Owner wants and timely submitted, you might be the new owner of this home. If I can be of any assistance in your search, please feel free to contact me. Dare to Dream.
Shel-lee Davis, CDPE
Your Real Estate Consultant for Life
RE/MAX Palos Verdes Realty