Home Buying in Green Bay>Question Details

Victoria Ros…, Home Buyer in Green Bay, WI

Typically how much are closing costs in Green Bay, WI?

Asked by Victoria Roskowski, Green Bay, WI Thu Mar 20, 2014

Answers

4
Nan Brennan’s answer
Victoria,
Dean is correct in his response, however most offers are written requesting that the seller pay the buyers closing costs..Also use a realtor that will represent you as a buyers agent, looking out for your interests.
Nan
Hello Victoria Roskowski,
Good morning.
Are you still in the market to Purchase or Refinance a home? If so, I would love to see if we can help you out. Closing costs on a 200k home are about 2% to 2.5%. ( about 4k to 5k and includes insurance and escrow) At Goldstar we can do loans down to 600 Credit Score. We also don't need 3 trade lines like many banks require. I would like to see if I can help you out with a home mortgage. I will try and make this a very easy process. Please let me know how to help out.
Thanks much.
Josh Lund
MN District Branch Manager
NMLS # 387408
Gold Star Financial Group
Mobile: 612.802.3265
Office: 952.884.5442
eFax: 877.666.0007
jlund@goldstarfinancial.com
All good answers on this thread. Dean Valentine is an excellent realtor and you can always trust what he says.

What you may want to consider is where you are getting your mortgage:

1) If you get it from a bank, like Chase or Wells Fargo, you may not have an option for them paying any of your cost, (however they may)

2) If you go with a mortgage broker, they have to disclose what they call YSP (yield spread premium) this is what the brokerage itself makes from the lender, for doing your mortgage.

Each broker has a set margin with their lender(s) and anything above this margin is credited back to the borrower in the form of closing cost / pre paid assistance.

That is why, often times you can get most of your cost paid for by going with a broker.
Your closing costs will vary depending on where you go for your mortgage. On average closing costs in the Green Bay Area are about $2,500-$3,000. It will also depend on things like: credit score, prepaids and credit score.