Trying to find a townhouse in the bronzeville, area not a condo. I want a garage. I'm trying so hard. I found one but lost the bid. Seen any?

Asked by woods-fugate, Chicago, IL Sun Nov 17, 2013

Answers

15
Ivan Sagel, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Nov 19, 2013

You need to move fast. There are not very many town homes in that area. What is your budget? Are you paying cash or getting a loan? Are you working with a Realtor that can get you into the properties as soon as they hit the market?

Ivan Sagel
312.515.7823
ivan@atproperties.com
Daniel Mirea, Agent, chicago, IL
Mon Nov 18, 2013
Keep Trying to put offers ! Make sure you have a very aggressive agent! Act Fast! What is the price range?
Bill J Delig…, Agent, Naperville, IL
Mon Nov 18, 2013
Work with a Lender and Realtor to help you realize your dream. Should you need any assistance, feel free to contact me.
Dirk Gould, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon Nov 18, 2013
What is your price range? I know one that might work, but the garage will need to be constructed on the back lot.

There are many other buyers who share your frustration. Inventory is extremely low. You need to be prepared to pounce immediately when you see a townhouse/rowhouse that you like.
My price range is 160k. Where is it ? I do have a realtor who works hard but people who have cash knock me out! Lived in the area most of my life and now I work hard and have a hard time finding something reasonable in my own neighborhood.
Flag Tue Nov 19, 2013
Marilyn Shiv…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon Nov 18, 2013
I am a broker that works this area. But you need a realtor that not only works the area, but also has the contacts. I am in the streets all the time and know of these situations. Call me 312.485.9247
Howie Andron, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon Nov 18, 2013
Please seek out the services of a licensed real estate broker to assist you in your search.
Mary Laurent, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Chicago, IL
Mon Nov 18, 2013
Hello, I hope you are working with a realtor, the only way to find the home you are looking for is to have a realtor who is well connected in the area you are targeting and getting your offer in as soon as the property becomes available. Also, the realtor needs to be able to advise on the offer you put on the property.. a good realtor knows how to make your offer stand out from the rest. Give me a call and I can refer you to someone that knows that area well.

In order to put the offer in and be taken seriously, you have to have a pre-approval from a Lender - please let me know if you need help in this area - I would be happy to pre-qualify you. My team at Guaranteed Rate is able to close in 2 weeks most purchases with cooperation from the borrower!

My direct line is 773.516.6859 if you need me!

With warm regards,

Mary Kay Laurent
Associate Vice President of Mortgage Lending
marykay.laurent@guaranteedrate.com

http://www.guaranteedrate.com/MaryKayLaurent

o: 773.516.6859 - m: 312.403.4150 - f: 773.328.1740
3940 North Ravenswood , Chicago, IL 60613
NMLS ID: 870598
Philip Sencer, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon Nov 18, 2013
There are not many T-houses in that area, but there are some condos in that area that do have a garage.
Jeff Nobleza, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sun Nov 17, 2013
Your current situation is a perfect example on why yourself and buyers in general should engage the services of a realtor. A realtor will be able to help you find the right property for you. In addition, a realtor can help you come up with a strategy to help you be more competitive in multiple bidder situations.

You stated that "(you) found one but lost the bid". Do you know why this happened? Do you what to do next time to increase your chances of not losing out on a bid? What are you doing differently now to help you avoid failure? - A realtor can help you address this question....
Barbara Bied…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sun Nov 17, 2013
Call me 773-914-5309 or email bbiederman@citypointrealty.com & I'll do a search. It's free!
Angela Andre…, Agent, Kent, WA
Sun Nov 17, 2013
If you are prequalified and have a realistic price-point in mind, you should be able to find something quickly. However, if you find something that you like at the right price, with good terms, you have to be ready to act. Feel free to contact me if you still require assistance.
Angela.Bailey@BairdWarner.com
Matt Laricy, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sun Nov 17, 2013
Get a good Realtor. Its free to use their services as a buyer. Interview two or three and go with the one you mesh best with.
Web Reference:  http://Americorpre.com
Kurt Breitla…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sun Nov 17, 2013
If you need a hand, feel free to give me a call. I'd be happy to see what we can find together. New opportunities hit all the time. 630-518-8872.
Deva Kaumba, Agent, South Holland, IL
Sun Nov 17, 2013
New properties are popping up all the time. Keep being persistent. It will pay off eventually.
Santiago Ken…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sun Nov 17, 2013
Keep trying , you will be lucky next time ....