Home Buying in Apollo Beach>Question Details

Bago, Home Buyer in New York

Trying to decide between buying an investment rental property in Covington Park, Apollo Beach versus Watergrass Parcel A, Zephyrhills. Thoughts?

Asked by Bago, New York Wed Jan 15, 2014

Answers

4
Thank you everyone for your advice - I'm going with the house in Covington Park
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 17, 2014
Good luck! Also you may want to check into the air quality with the coal fired power plant nearby:

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_hillsborough/protesters-chained-to-fence-near-teco-big-bend-power-plant-in-apollo-beach
Flag Fri Jan 17, 2014
Make sure you're aware of any extra Community Development District taxes and HOA fees because many newer communities have very high fees that will eat into your bottom line and also make the property more difficult to sell in the future.

If you're buying sight unseen you also need to be aware of the risk of Chinese Drywall in some areas.

If you're not yet working with a Realtor, we may be able to assist you. We aren't accepting non-cash investors buying below $150k at this point in time because non-cash investors have little hope of competing with the many, many, cash investors buying everything up in Tampa Bay at prices well above a price a property could ever appraise for. With financing you will be required to get an appraisal.

You're welcome to "search like a Realtor", sign up for a free Listingbook account on my website:

http://www.SoldOnTampa.com

Alma Kee
Sold On Tampa Team
http://www.SoldOnTampa.com
813.244.9898
Definitely Covington Park, it is the better location of all three, and the homes are not overpriced. It is 5 minutes from the newest hospital in the region, 3 minutes to 3 major N-S highways/Interstate (I-75, US 41, US 301), easy and quick commute into Tampa or south to Sarasota and other beaches, 5 minutes from the Manatee viewing center, has an A rated elementary school inside the community, and a MS and HS across the street from the entrance to the community. I am closing on a home in there right now and have one listed, which is for an investor. It has a tenant in it right now through December; usually no problems finding and keeping tenants in Covington Park. Zephyrhills is far to the north, generally farm and ranch land, less developed and farther from activities and key locations.
Bago,

I'll tell you about what is happening in the Apollo Beach area, which would make it a great time to invest. We have 2 major projects happening in the South Shore area (Apollo Beach, Ruskin, Riverview, etc.). St. Joseph's hospital is under construction and will be completed in early 2015. Amazon has begun building a 1,000,000 sq.ft. distribution facility in Ruskin, which is anticipated to bring 1,000 jobs to the area. We expect a major boom in this area with the job growth.

Covington Park is a great, established community with an elementary school, community pools, tennis and basketball courts. It is also conveniently located with access to US Hwy 41, I-75 and US 301. The hospital is approx. a 5 minute drive and 10 minutes to Amazon.

Feel free to contact me directly with questions. I am happy to assist you with finding a great rental property.

Angel