Trying to buy a house in Indian Creek Subdivision in Hawthorn Woods

Asked by Riya, Hawthorn Woods, IL Mon Nov 23, 2009

Saw a house in the Indian Creek subdivision in Hawthorn Woods that we liked But some concerns we have about the area-Please advice
1. There are lots of houses in the Indian Creek Subdivision in Hawthorn Woods going on sale(lot more than any other other place in HW)- the CN - EJ&E railway passes nearby
2. Is there any school remapping happening ? Or anything in the works.
3. Any water system adjustment - there are some water system adjustments in the HW area to change from wells to county water with a price tag of $10K- $11K per house. Is there any plans for this subdivision
4. Is there any way to get an approx number of trains per day through that line?
Appreciate your advice

Answers

3
Richard Haus…, Agent, Buffalo Grove, IL
Mon Jan 16, 2012
Hi Riya - did you ever end up purchasing? Hope you used an Exclusive Buyer Agent! (An agent who never represents sellers - nor does their company - so that you have someone totally on your side with no dual agency conflicts of interest)
Edith Karoli…, Agent, Winnetka, IL
Mon Nov 23, 2009
Dear Riya, you got a lot of of your questions answered by the other agent. Do you only want to be in Hawthorn woods? I am just wondering, as you could potentially move somewhat further East and look at properties, but it is hard for me to tell, as I am not sue what price range exactly your are looking in a the size of the home. Feel free to let me know and I could provide some ideas...

When buying near a railway, it may not bother you, but it may become a concern once you want to sell your
property, just a thought... although you know some home owners buy where air planes cross to land and take off and are low flying, and other buy a nice home on a nice lot and after a few month do not hear the train go by anymore, but when it comes to the time for selling it may become an issue for the next buyers...

Hope this helps a little! If you have any further questions feel free to ask....
Edith Karoline YourRealtor4Life!
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients....
EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Your Northern Illinois, N and NW subs and the Northshore Expert
Web Reference: http://www.century21sgr.com/agent_page.php?agent_id=83
Coleen Greni…, Agent, Barrington, IL
Mon Nov 23, 2009
Hi Riya,
I am very familiar with Hawthorn Woods and would be happy to answer any and all of yr. questions. Hawthorn Woods has many different elementary schools, different junior highs and different high schools depending upon what area you decide to buy in. As you know Indian Creek is dist. 79 and dist. 125.
2- The CN-EJ&E effects some of HWoods but not all.
3- And not all of H.Woods is on well and septic. Some are well and sewer.
If you are not working with a buying agent I'd be happy to continue to answer yr questions about Indian Creek and any other sub-division you may want to compare it too. There are alot out there.
Feel free to contact me by e-mail or you can reach me by cell 847-277-8415 is me diect line.