Trust Your Realtor?

Asked by Jim Simms, Louisville, KY Wed Nov 23, 2011

Article for my blog, would appreciate feedback on how to find a Realtor you can trust and why it is important.

Answers

7
Brad Cecil, Agent, Owensboro, KY
Mon Nov 28, 2011
I find that my clients are more comfortable when I provide detailed information on my track record and real names of people who have had success using my system. Realtors are people and I find that people should rarely be trusted. A person, on the other hand, can be trusted if you make sure you're informed on that individual. This business seems to attract a certain personality type that some may not be able to palate, but there are exceptions to every rule. Hope that helps.
Michael Thac…, Agent, Louisville, KY
Sat Sep 7, 2013
I'm a big believer in researching the credentials of the Realtors you are considering first, then meeting him/her to see "if it fits". Being able to work WITH your Realtor in the marketing and sale of the home is crucial.

My two cents worth anyway! : )

Great question!

Have a great weekend!

Michael
Joel Lobb, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Louisville, KY
Tue Aug 20, 2013
by referral from a trusted friend
Brad Cecil, Agent, Owensboro, KY
Mon Nov 28, 2011
Trust no one. This blog post will self destruct in 10 seconds.
Mack McCoy, Agent, Seattle, WA
Wed Nov 23, 2011
Great topic, Jim!

I truly think that it doesn't matter how trust-worthy a Realtor(r) is, if the client is distrustful or skeptical by nature. Or, has a dishonest streak.

The importance includes the fact that your agent has to be a transparent conductor of information to the client, and somewhat opaque to the other side, while maintaining their integrity and appearing credible.

I'm looking forward to reading it, Jim!
Julie Block, Agent, Watertown, SD
Wed Nov 23, 2011
Interview your Realtor before you hire them!
Terry Bell, Agent, Santa Rosa, CA
Wed Nov 23, 2011
Top of my list would be:
1. by referral from a trusted friend
2. by going to open houses and seeing agents in action
3. Looking for someone on Trulia and reading their blogs!

Most buyers are trying to be their own professionals and not stick with one agent because they are afraid that they will be pushed sooner than they want, instead of seeing the benefits of learning from a professional everything about buying! Hopefully their Mortgage broker will recommend that they stick to one agent!
I agree Julie Block. See if you can enjoy a "working relationship" with your Realtor!
Flag Sun Sep 22, 2013
Terry, really great points made.

Michael
Flag Sun Sep 22, 2013