Total taxes condo's in san diego CA

Asked by Tom Bills1, San Diego, CA Wed May 28, 2008

Answers

4
Bonnie Malon…, Agent, San Diego, CA
Fri May 30, 2008
While each neighborhood may be subject to additonal taxes, mello ross, and other fees, the general rule of thumb in San Diego County is 1.125%. when looking for a home remember to consult with your realtor to find out if there are additonal taxes tagged onto the 1.125%. Also remember that after you purchase your home and your have settled in, your Supplimental Tax Bill will arrive in yoru mailbox. This can be a nominal bill or it can be very hihg. This bill will pay the difference on the adjustment of the home's new tax base.
Web Reference:  http://www.BonnieMaloney.com
Catherine Ba…, Agent, Cardiff, CA
Wed May 28, 2008
Hi Tom,
It depends on a couple of things. First your purchase price X .0125. Than you have local taxes, such as local school bonds, etc. It also depends on the area, sometimes downtown areas taxes are .015. However downtown San Diego is in a re-development and there property taxes are currently lower. If you were going to take a ball park figure I would count on 1.5% to be safe.

Make sure you receive a Property Tax Liability from your realtor when you get into contract, read below on what this will explain for you to understand your tax liabilities on your purchase.

PROPERTY TAX LIABILITY - Includes the state-mandated "Notice of Special Tax" (for Mello Roos Community Facilities Districts) and "Notice of Special Assessment" (1915 Bond Act) and a detailed breakdown of all local taxes to help you fully satisfy statutory requirements and standard-of-care. EFFECTIVE JAN 1, 2006: Now includes the mandatory Supplemental Tax Bill Disclosure.

I give one of these to everyone of my buyers along with a Natural hazard Disclosure, and environmental screening.

Let me know if i can be of any help. I am a san diego realtor...Catherine Barden, (760)815-3866
fredeckert, Agent, San Diego, CA
Wed May 28, 2008
Tom,
You have been given good advice by MaryAnn and been asked a good question by Maria. You can call the county tax assessors office at 619.531.5507 and ask your question there. You can mention that I suggested you call. Remember that if you buy now and the value of the property drops in the future, you can ask for t property tax reassesment to lower your taxes. Taxes on Condos are no different than on detached homes. See our buyer information at the site below...
Maria Weiss, Agent, Naples, FL
Wed May 28, 2008
Hi Tom: Not sure exactly what you are asking. Property taxes are dependent upon the area. Some areas have Mello-Roos which are included in your tax bill. If you have a specific complex in mind, I can find out the tax rate. The property taxes would be based on the purchase price. Let me know if you need more information. Maria Weiss 858-248-0863
Web Reference:  http://www.mariaweiss.com