Torn between N. Raleigh, Wake Forest and Cary. Want good schools and safe neighborhoods. Any imput appreciated?

Asked by Kristi Lowe, Wake Forest, NC Sat Mar 23, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3100706013-102-S-Knightsbridg…

Answers

11
Kristi Leona…, Agent, Holly Springs, NC
Thu Mar 28, 2013
Good morning Kristi,

Great name by the way and I love how you spell it! Stacy responded to your email and I have her home listed in West Lake. I would love to show you this home http://www.4903homeplace.com Please give me a call/text 919-796-5849 or email me kristi@gorealty.biz I am around this weekend if you are available. If this is not your dream home I could help you find something else as well. Happy Easter!
Stacydamato, Home Buyer, Apex, NC
Thu Mar 28, 2013
:)
Sorry, should have mentioned why we're moving. My husband was transferred and we are trying to get a little closer to his work. We have had fantastic feedback on our home, we just seemed to have priced it too high in the beginning. :)

Have a fabulous weekend!
Stacy
Gail Ferri P…, Agent, Cary, NC
Tue Mar 26, 2013
Stacy's right. The West Lake area of Apex is a wonderful neighborhood to live in. I'd be happy to show you any properties around there. Just send me an email, and I can give you a tour of the many fine neighborhoods in West Lake.

Gail Ferri
Stacydamato, Home Buyer, Apex, NC
Tue Mar 26, 2013
Hi Kristi,

My name is Stacy and I'm not a broker or agent. We currently have our house listed for sale but this is not why I'm responding to your email. We were new to the area a little over 4yrs ago and struggled with the same questions. I will admit I don't know much about N. Raleigh or Wake Forest, but hope to be a help with Cary.

We live in the area where West Lake Rd. and Optimist Farm Rd. cross each other. (Zip code 27539) Technically we're Cary, however because of USPO situations we have an Apex mailing address. I can not say enough about this area. We LOVE it! Regarding schools, West Lake Elementary (Fantastic School!) Middle Creek Elementary, West Lake Middle School and Middle Creek HS are all within a half mile of our home. To check out any school ratings you can go to wcpss.net, click on 'find a school' and you will be able to look at the schools report card. We have a new principal this year named Daniel Simons who is a welcome change to our previous principal. (Our previous principal was transferred to Wake Forest.) He is wonderful and has made fantastic changes in our school. Our children feel comfortable with him, he listens to parents needs and questions and most importantly, he holds teachers accountable. One of the things I love best is he has initiated a Monday evening announcement which goes out to every home making parents aware of things from school activitis to fire drills.

Behind Middle Creek HS you will find a fantastic play area for kids, soccer fields, baseball fields, disc golf, and more. Middle Creek also has a recreation center wich offers lots of programs for children and adults. Restaurants, shopping and other parks and activities are only minutes away. Regarding your question about crime, we live in a super safe neighborhood and have make fantastic friends!

Now, would I love for you to look at our home an consider purchasing it?! Absolutley! But again this is not why I'm sending this. We live in a neighborhood called West Lake. The surrounding neighborhoods are The Park at West Lake, Jamerson, Belmont, Brighton Forest, Langston and more. ALL are outstanding places to live. Just down the road from us is Holly Springs, NC; another great place to live with fantastic schools. HS was rated The Best City To Raise A Family In NC for 2012. Another great place is Apex, NC. The school ratings are terrific!

In closing, I wish you the best of luck in your search. Take your time (if possible!) and your house will find you! I hope this information was helpful!

Stacy
Thanks for the detailed reply. We are moving from the Bahamas so actually we are not in the country at the moment so viewing these areas is only possible via internet at the moment. We were in NC last week and though we were sold on Wake Forest, then found North Raleigh but I am not too impressed by the schools or the fact that you can get stuck in a not so good one. One of our main reasons for moving is our kids education and future. My husband has a job waiting for him up in Creedmoor which I know is a bit of a commute from anywhere south of North Raleigh. We are willing to sacrafice an extra 10-20 minutes for the kids education though. I like the fact that most Cary schools seem to be traditional vs. year round. I will have one elementary school aged child, one middle school child and soon to be kindergardener. For vacation reasons I would like for them to all be on the same schedule. What is the listing # for your house? Doesn't hurt to look and map out. Thanks
Kristi
Flag Wed Mar 27, 2013
Gail Ferri P…, Agent, Cary, NC
Tue Mar 26, 2013
Hi Kristi!

Any one of the three areas will be fine for both of your concerns. Wake Forest is a great small town, but is a little further out from most cultural activity downtown. North Raleigh has some great neighborhoods and generally more land per home. As long as you can get somewhere easily by I540 or I 440, then you're golden. Cary is a little more centrally located to easily get to either downtown Raleigh, or RTP. It's a beautiful community,with great schools, but you will get a little less land with your home. Hope this helps.
Gail Ferri, Broker
Fonville Morisey
Azita Wilson, Agent, Cary, NC
Sun Mar 24, 2013
Hi Kristi,
It all depends on what you are looking for. All 3 areas have good public schools. Wake forest is a much smaller town compare to Cary and Raleigh, and you can get more for your money as far as a house purchase goes. Raleigh definitely gives you the big city feel compare to Cary. I have lived in this area for over 30 years and mostly in Cary and a few years in Raleigh. As far as not knowing about neighborhoods in each town, you can go to my website at http://www.livingincary.com and click on the "Market Insider" tab. You will have access to all the demographics for any neighborhood you are interested in. Call me at 919-656-1439 for more information. Good luck.

Azita Wilson
Broker, Keller Williams Realty
Lynn Gardiner, Agent, Apex, NC
Sat Mar 23, 2013
You need to contact several agents in several areas and consider the research and their references to answer the questions that you have put forward.Also please keep in mind that this area has a lot of excellent charter and magnet schools. A lot of the reply to your inquiries is in the statistics but a good amount is in your preferences and requirements. If you would like a personal shopper to do the research for you and to find what you are looking for please contact me. 919.661.1231 or 919.622.2898 or my email . http://www.lynngardinerrealestate.com

Lynn Gardiner
Janet Sorrell…, Agent, Cary, NC
Sat Mar 23, 2013
Also I have shown the home you reference with your mnessage on Knightsbridge if you wish some feedback.
Janet
Janet Sorrell…, Agent, Cary, NC
Sat Mar 23, 2013
I am a Cary native so I am a bit biased. From my Mother to my children my family has attended Cary schools. I want to assure that Wake County has great schools. First, if your children are not in high school, I suggest you decide if you are looking for a traditional school year or year round schools. Next if you work outside the home, how far would you be comfortable being from your children's school during the work day. This may help you decide which location. Also, what activities do your children participate that you may have to pick up and deliver from school. Cary and North Raleigh would probably be the most convenient to many people but Wake Forest has some beautiful homes especially in Heritage. Just a much farther drive. Even if you travel I540 you will have to manage a very conjested Capital Boulevard. Good luck to you and if you need guidance and do not have a Realtor, give me a call.
Janet Sorrel Couture
Coldwell Banker Advantage
2128 High House Road, Cary, NC
919-906-5705
Janetsellsnc@gmail.com
Carla Freund, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Sat Mar 23, 2013
These are all great areas and people are often trying to decide between them. If they are convenient, you may also want to add Holly Springs and Apex to the mix. They are growing communities with the new 540, new shopping, new communities, and future job growth.

As for schools, you can go to http://www.wcpss.net and compare the schools, get scores, etc. However, don't let the scores be the only driving factors. We have some really great schools. If you have high school kids, you may want to look into special programs that are offered. For example, Apex HS has the AOIT program which is nationally recognized. Middle Creek has digital media. There is one HS that has pre-engineering. Some have highly recognized marching bands and others have stronger sports programs.

As for safety, we cannot comment on that but, you can go to http://www.spotcrime.com and look at neighborhoods and areas.

I have found other than schools, many people are also considering distance from work. I suggest you consider what other job opportunities are nearby should you decide or need to change jobs. Perhaps you work in RTP now but, what if you had a great opportunity to work downtown or in Durham? What would be a good central location for the line of work you're in.

Lastly, you really can't go wrong. So, visit these communities if possible. Shop in the grocery stores and shopping malls. Find out what other programs and activities might be available for your family. What feels like a good fit for you may not be the same for everyone.

If you're not working with a Realtor and would like more information, feel free to contact me directly at carla@carlafreund.com or visit my websites at http://www.NCStyleHomes.com or http://www.FindNCStyleHomes.com.

Best of Luck!
Web Reference:  http://www.NCStyleHomes.com
JANET SHER, Agent, Apex, NC
Sat Mar 23, 2013
You will know where you want to live when you find the "right" home. Sometimes it is a difficult decision as to location, especially if you are torn among those towns, but in many cases, the house can be the selling point of decision.

As far as safe neighborhoods are concerned, crime is committed everywhere at times, unfortunately. You can look at the websites regarding crime stats and I can help you with this. We realtors are told to explain to home buyers that with schools, buyers must be aware that school assignment has been a concern and with redistricting, it is sometimes a problem. Never purchase a home solely because it is within a specific school district. The school districts change and even though your home is within a school assignment while you are living there does not mean it will continue to be the same schools the following school year.

If you are seriously considering to purchase a home, allow me to assist you in finding the "right" home for your needs and the rest will follow. I have been in the real estate profession for many years and
I understand the concerns you have. My experience, knowledge and empathy goes a long way to counsel you along the way.

You may either send me email to discuss further at: janetsher@gmail.com or you may call me
(919) 599-7486 Mobile. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Janet Sher - Broker/Consultant
Raleigh Cary Realty