You are in process of finding a home in Tricity â€“Fremont/Newark/Union City area.
Congratulation for making a decision of buying home! Great timing where market has stabilized and mortgage rates are still low.
Here are my questions to you to help you answer your questionâ€¦
â€¢ Are you going to an open house with selected list of homes?
â€¢ Do you go the open houses in geographic area by certain schools?
â€¢ Or you are just dropping by at open houses by signs in any neighborhood?
â€¢ Do you have most of the information about the property?
â€¢ Do you have a buyerâ€™s agent who asked you to visit these open houses?
â€¢ Do you have MLS print outs or information from any site like trulia, Zillow, Homes.com, Realtor.com or, Movoto etc?
â€¢ Do you have information about year built, living sqft, lot size, Bedrooms, bathrooms upgrades and other listed features?
Assuming you already have this basic information, now the question comes for you to askâ€¦
1. Are you the listing agent?
2. How long the property has been in the market?
3. Ever since the property got listed was there any price adjustment?
4. Is this a traditional sale, short sale, REO or a flip property?
5. Are sellers available to make a quick decision if an offer is presented?
6. For how long sellers have been living in this home?
7. Is this sellerâ€™s rental property or prime residence?
8. If this a 1031 exchange, sellers are willing to pay for my closing cost if I worked with sellerâ€™s title company?
9. Do you have any disclosure package or inspections available or a site where consumers can view these reports?
10. What are the items included in the sales price i.e. washer, dryer and refrigerator?
11. If you see any shelves in garage, are sellers taking it with them or leaving it?
12. Ask for any neighborhood information if that hosting agent/or listing agent may have.
13. If the home you are visiting is a town home, then ask how much are the HOA dues?
14. HOA dues paid monthly or quarterly?
15. What amenities are included in HOA?
16. Are you aware of any HOA pending litigation issues that may affect financing of the property/project?
17. Do you have any lenderâ€™s references?
18. If I want to work with you to buy this house or any other property, do you require me to sign buyer-broker agreement?
19. Do I have any benefit by signing buyer/broker agreement?
Visual, you wanted to know top few questions to ask, but without knowing how much do you knowâ€¦I thought of providing you list of these questions. Every question you ask; has some benefit to you. Now you can put it in priority order that feel comfortable with.
Good luck to you!