Today is Tuesday and I'm scheduled to close on a house that I had agreed to purchase with a builder and

Asked by Hlmstrm, Bismarck, ND Tue Aug 4, 2009

$5,000 down as a deposit. I found out Monday that my job of 5 years has been eliminated. Is there any way out of my contract with the builder and is it possible to get my deposit back?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


James Gordon…, Agent, Hamilton, OH
Tue Aug 4, 2009
You need to call your agent and let them know what is going on. You need to review all copies of the contract for an out. Most builders contracts call for a nonrefundable deposit but there may be a financing clause that lets you out with a return of the construction deposit that the builder has.
Web Reference:
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Bismarck Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more