Home Buying in Central Beach>Question Details

Sandra, Home Buyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

To whom this may concern, In regards to the home that I viewed today at 125 N Birch Rd Apt 107, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304...

Asked by Sandra, Fort Lauderdale, FL Wed Feb 20, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3099263299-125-N-Birch-Rd-107…

Answers

5
Sandra, sadly, data quality problems are rife in South Florida. I can't think of a single field that is consistently right. Best of luck finding a unit, and don't let the illusion of a great deal stop you from getting a very good one.
Oh, Sandra, it's you again.

Remember your last call for help here on Trulia to all agents back in December 11, 2012 and everyone who responded to you recommended for you to retain "one" Realtor who works and knows the Intracoastal areas and they all offered you their services...and here you are on Trulia, 2.5 months later, complaining.

Remember how I ended my reply to you back then: "I'm looking forward to your next question, here on Trulia, in about 3 months from now." I hate to gloat but...
Hello Sandra: Sorry to hear about your experience. This is one of the reasons why you should be working with one Realtor as your Buyers Agent. You can sit down with your agent and discuss the type of property you are looking for and your price range. Your Realtor will have access to the most current listings throughout southeast Florida which is provided by our local MLS. Your Realtor can help you select the properties that best match your critieria which will save you time and money. If you are randomly calling listing agents from websites that you find online it can be a frustrating task, full of inaccurate information. I am a full time top producing Realtor and I would be happy to assist you in your search. Have a nice day.

Barbara Easton-Irvin
Atlantic Properties International
954-740-7855

Check out my website at: http://www.FloridaLiving4U.net
Sandra, I could not agree with you more. It is just as frustrating for a realtor to come across listings that are not 100% accurate and become misleading. Obviously Andreas was familiar with the unit, didn't you talk to him prior to showing? It does not sound like Andreas is your realtor, so why was he showing the unit to you? If you are not working with your own buyer's agent, you are set to waste more time. Sorry for your bad experience and good luck.
Thank you Marsha. I was with my buyer's agent, and she was just as surprised as I was. She also double checked the MLS listing. I do not hold her responsible. If this ad was new then I can excuse it as a possible error. But this home has been listed for 121 days!!! By now, it should have been corrected!
Flag Thu Feb 21, 2013
I had seen this home advertised many times as having an intracoastal view and also listed that way on the MLS. It was shown today by someone named Andreas. While inside the building, I asked him if it had an intracoastal view and he said "No it does not. If it did, it would obviously not be in this price range". Also, he had said that the intracoastal was in partial view. While the building may be considered an "intracoastal front", this unit is not in any view of the intracoastal and should not be advertised that way. This is false advertising. For Andreas to make the assumption that by looking at the price the buyer should know whether it has an intracoastal view is utmostly ridiculous. It is obvious to me that it is advertised as having intracoastal views to scam buyers so they can come view this unit. Shame on you Andreas since I am sure I am not the only buyer tricked into this ploy. I am from Canada, and my time was wasted today. You should be giving correct details so that others would not be disappointed. Sandra