c6251555, Home Buyer in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

To buy an older house in Southwest Rancho or a brand new house in the new neighborhood in San Bernardino by I-15?

Asked by c6251555, Rancho Cucamonga, CA Fri Jun 14, 2013

Hi! I am looking to buy a single-family home under $400,000, 3 bedrooms , and preferably within 15-20 year-old (a bit older is okay, just has to be in good condition). I've looked around online and found that most homes within that price range are either quite old or are in southern or western Rancho Cucamonga, which is not as good as other parts of Rancho. I've also seen the newly built homes in the Glen Helen Parkway region of San Bernardino, but it seems a bit far from all the shopping places and schools (and the only way out of that neighborhood is through Sierra Ave. or I-15 S, which is currently under construction and suffers from horrible traffic). Now, which one is a better choice in terms of prospective price and quality of neighborhood? Would the new neighborhood deteriorate into a bad neighborhood in future years? Would the price of those new homes be affected by the fact that they are in San Bernardino even though the neighborhood isn't connected to the actual city?

Answers

7
Kevin Cotter…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Riverside, CA
Thu Jul 11, 2013
The real estate market has a wonderful way of indicating how the average buyer values the appeal of any property and that is through the price. The price, however, doesn't do a very good job of showing how valuable a house is for you, since you are the best one to weigh those various factors you mention, ie. future values, pride of ownership by your neighbors, commute distances and times, amenities (bedrooms, pool or no pool, etc.), and so on.

I recomment talking to a couple of Realtors and asking each the same range of questions and listening carefully to their answers and their logic. Also, be sure to talk to a local lender or two to make sure that you have your financial house in order. There are way more buyers out there than sellers, so be ready for plenty of competition when buying, (You can get my contact info by clicking on my picture.)

Good Luck,
Kevin Cotterill
Provident Bank Mortgage (Indiana Ave. Retail ofc)
James, Agent, Fontana, CA
Wed Jun 19, 2013
Yes I think you are correct in your assessment that in future years it would be more likely for the "new" neighborhood to deteriorate into a less desirable area. So price and quality of neighborhood, I would stick to Rancho... Below is a link of houses currently for sale in Rancho, in the $300K-$400K range.. Let me know if you are interested in any of them, or would like to see more.. thanks!

http://www.mrmlsmatrix.com/DE.asp?k=1719972XBWWH&p=DE-15…

(Click Link, you may have to copy and paste into your browser)

Melissa Magnusen
Blackstone Realty
909-222-0124
melissadoesrealestate@gmail.com
Roland Corral, Agent, RANCHO CUCAMONGA, CA
Sun Jun 16, 2013
Its a tough market for buyers. There are lots of factors but the answer lies in your future plans. Please call me when you have a moment. Click on my photo for my profile and contact information.
Jerry Gusman, Agent, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Sat Jun 15, 2013
Rancho is going to be your better area and a way better investment. Plus, the wind is absolutely horrible up there. You will regret the purchase the first windstorm.

Homes are tough to get right now with the low inventory. But, give me a call I have a few listings still available that I can slide you into.

Jerry Gusman
951-453-3289
The Gusman Group/ Realty Executives Experts
Rancho Cucamonga
Jose Vallada…, Agent, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Fri Jun 14, 2013
My Email josehomes@hotmail.com
Fri Jun 14, 2013
I will recommend you to buy a brand new house, for now you'll enjoy how comfortable the new house are, and later you can with the equity built, move to a better neighborhood in Rancho Cucamonga, call me at 909-263-8498
Caroline Bar…, , Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Fri Jun 14, 2013

Your best bet is to purchase in Rancho Cucamonga since it seems your return on your investment would be higher compared to in San Bernardino. Your call of course.

Day Creek Realty is offering cash backs to all buyers and great insentives to all sellers. Please either call me at 909-200-9280 or email me at sales@daycreekrealty.com so I can assist you with your home purchase. Thank you.

Caroline Barooshian
Real Estate Broker/Realtor®
DRE #01067678
DAY CREEK REALTY
Cell 909-200-9280