Blake Costa, Real Estate Pro in Westlake Village, CA

To Home Buyers and Sellers

Asked by Blake Costa, Westlake Village, CA Tue Mar 12, 2013

Recently, I have been asked to assume the roll of a Financial Adviser/Insurance Agent. I would like to know what buyers and sellers think about working with a Realtor who is also a Financial Adviser/ Insurance Agent. Would you be more inclined to work with me or less? Why?

Answers

4
Bonnie Sterl…, Agent, Simi Valley, CA
Tue Mar 12, 2013
Do what you love Blake and do it passionately and you'll be awesome and successful. You are seriously on an awesome path. Follow your heart. If you've been asked to do something you love, do it. If your not sure try it. But don't let anyone distract you from your true passion! Good luck.
Web Reference:  http://Www.SimiLiving.com
Rick McGrath, Agent, Modesto, CA
Wed May 22, 2013
I am sure you have gotten a variety of answers from A to Z! I myself have several hats I where. I believe having your background brings added value to your clients and from a marketing perspective you can leverage your skill sets over your competitors. I believe you can effectively work it as a One Stop Shop kind of thing. You are on the right track my friend!
Kathryn Hirsh, Agent, Calabasas, CA
Fri Apr 12, 2013
Realtors, Financial Advisers and or Insurance Agents are great power partners.

For a Realtor to properly serve their Buyers and Sellers, they have to give Real Estate 100% of their time and effort. Decades back you could be a part time Real Estate agent. But not now! Real Estate is a full time profession.

I would not feel confident referring a client that I cared about to an Insurance agent or Financial Advisor that doesn't work 100% at their chosen profession.

Chose the profession you like the best and give it your all!
Colette & Mi…, Agent, Simi Valley, CA
Sat Mar 30, 2013
Blake,
I agree with Bonnie. Follow your heart. I remember when you played ball with my son Austin.
My only thought is that sometimes having your hand in too many cookies jars can take the focus off of the most important task.
Colette Thiel
I recognized your last name a few times before but thought it may be a coincidence. I just added Austin on facebook a few days ago! Thank you for the advice.
Flag Sat Mar 30, 2013