Title Insurance

Asked by Jerry, 20020 Tue May 20, 2008

I will be closing on a house I am buying in Washington DC. It is a very old house and neighborhood. Should I get basic title insurance or the more expensive enhanced title insurance policy?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Stephen, , Tampa, FL
Thu Jul 24, 2008
I suggest getting the enhanced title policy. Older homes usually have had multiple owners, you want to insure you get the best coverage in case of an error. Get up to five free title quotes http://www.FreeTitleQuote.com

Short Sale Realtor http://www.ShortSaleSettlements.com
0 votes
Margaret T.…, Agent, Conroe, TX
Tue May 20, 2008
Are you talking about paying additional to insure against overages or shortages in property lines.
If the is a neighborhood where people have been putting up their own detached structures, attached additions, adding drives, fences and so forth it is probably worth it.

We recently went out on a REO where a relative owned the property next door, therefore no one worried about where they built anything. It was all in the family right? Well that was okay as long as the family owned both pieces of property. Now the one family member did not make payments, the property was forclosed on and another party picked it up for a song and a dance. They also picked up the neighbors driveway, well house and half of their pool. LOL.

Yes I would get the extra title insurance

0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more