Thoughts on buying new condo development in the Kensington/Windsor Terrace (right off of CIA and Caton Pl)

Asked by Mdl, Brooklyn, NY Mon Oct 8, 2007

Needing to understand possible growth and development in an area that seems desolate and popular to carshops. seems that only way to get to amenities and any recreational spots is to cross the highway.With toddler in the family, is the investment worth it (schools, quality of life, walk to subway)? also not sure about crime rate in surrounding areas. Any thoughts on resale value possibly in the 5-7 year timeframe (from 2007)? THANKS SO MUCH.

Answers

1
Pam, Renter, Brooklyn, NY
Tue Oct 9, 2007
I live off of Courteyou (off CIA) and have a toddler. I think this is a great area for kids. There is a fantastic network on yahoo called Flatbush Family Network. The schools are good. Crime is low. Near Q/B and not too far from the F (which I take). Can get to Prospect Park or the Parade ground playgounds.

I think if you spend a Saturday afternoon with a stroller in the neighborhood, you will find it very family friendly.