This will not close tomorrow please have the contract extended - deed in lieu doc have not recorded vendor pending revised assignment of mortgage and

Asked by Stacey Tellep, Forest City, PA Thu Jun 20, 2013

This will not close tomorrow please have the contract extended - deed in lieu doc have not recorded vendor pending revised assignment of mortgage and release of mortgage. This is the message that the selling atty sent to my agent. I am buying a Fannie Mae property, its a cash sale wth inhabitation. Not invest. I have signed the second extentsion tonight. I was told the deed was at teh cty clerks and contacted them myself. They stated the deed had not changed. Now i am stuck waiting. What exactly does the atty mean when he staes the above. That Fannie Mae needs to revise the deed in lieu of the property with the former owner? Or cant they do a quick claim? Never dealt with this