Home Buying in Beaumont>Question Details

Trevor, Home Buyer in 92399

This site doesnt seem to be showing all of the MLS listings that other sites do. Is there a reason for this?

Asked by Trevor, 92399 Sun Mar 15, 2009

Steven Ornellas’ answer
Trevor, in my own personal experience 2 hrs is the longest I have seen for active listings to update when I make changes. As far as Realtor.com showing property as available when it has already been sold, this is more likely the delay from the Listing agent updating the listing. All changes must be made by the listing agent first, Realtor.com just has a direct data feed form each AOR MLS system.

Again, the best way to make sure you see ALL currently available properties each day is to have a Realtor set up an automated search agent for you.

Yes, Realtor.com is a good source. However, I've seen times when it takes a while to update. Sometimes as much as a week. I've received feedback that homes that show available on Realtor.com have already sold. This could have been an isolated glitch and they've corrected, but I'm not sure.

In what market are you looking?

If you'd like to see a list of the hottest new listings or access free reports on the most relevant real estate information in Southern California, such as what you should know before you buy a home, I strongly suggest you check out http://SoCalHomesNow.com

Good luck with your search.
Hi Trevor, http://www.Realtor.com provides the most comprehensive and accurate listing service as they load ALL listings from ALL Assoc. of Realtors MLS systems automatically. Trulia is making strides to do this as well, but it will be some time before their feeds are comprehensive, as agreements with the many MLS systems will take time.

Many agents will steer you to their individual websites to do searches; however, depending on which MLS systems they belong and the area you are interested in, you may or may not have a comprehensive search capability.

The best way to make sure you see ALL currently available properties each day is to have a Realtor set up a (no obligation) automated search agent that works 24/7 for you - it's that simple. Of course, the search will be more meaningful if your individual custom search criteria are known, so please share that with the Realtor you decide to work with so they find exactly what you need.

Best, Steve