Geraldine, Home Buyer in 14127

This is Geraldine again? How does one get a buyer's agent? Are they costly? How can you know how to choose one?

Asked by Geraldine, 14127 Mon Aug 30, 2010

Hi Geraldine,
A buyer's agent represents the buyer and the agent's fiduciary duty is to the buyer.
There is no cost to you at all.
I have been a licensed real estate broker for over 21 years and would be very pleased to represent your interests in a real estate transaction. I am familiar with all areas, from Hamburg to Newfame - from Buffalo to Akron.
I can be reached anytime on my cell which is 912-0435 and would look forward to hearing from you. I would be very happy to answer any questions which you may have, regarding any area of real estate.
Thank you. Lee Myles, Stovroff & Taylor Realtors,
1127 Wehrle Drive, Williamsville, N.Y. 14221
With respect to how much it would cost you to have a buyer's agent will depend on a few things. In most instances, the buyer broker commission is already a part of the commission structure agreed to between the seller and the listing agent and therefore it would not be any additional costs to you. If a particular seller is not offering buyer broker commission as part of their listing agreement, the commission can be built into the sales price of the home and therefore also not cost you any additional monies because it will be part of the negotiations. If you are seeking to purchase in Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau or Suffolk Counties, I would certainly welcome an opportunity to set up an interview. Good luck!

Ralph Windschuh
Certified Buyer Representative
Senior Real Estate Specialist
Associate Broker
Century 21 Princeton Properties
In The Top 2% of Century 21 Agents Nationwide!
Hi Geraldine, Trulia is a great place to start - work through "find a pro" in your zip as suggested and identify a short list of contenders. Read through the testimonials - great source of feedback from prior clients. And then interview several - look for experience, knowledge, analytic and negotiating skills, responsiveness and other qualities that matter to you. Also, be sure your agent works the way you do - since you are here on Trulia, I imagine you value online tools - find an agent that is similarly minded.

Once you've identified "your agent" reward her with your loyalty - her services and support will be invaluable and cost you nothing - in fact, the seller pays commission to both the listing and selling broker.

Oh, one last, but very important criteria - be sure your agent is working as a FULL TIME agent. This is no market, nor is your home search and purchase an undertaking for a dabbler.

Good luck to you!
Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commtiment to Service
Web Reference: http://www.feenick.com
To find a buyers agent is easy. To find the right buyers agent may take a little research time. Start on the internet or ask family and friends. Try to find one that works in the area where you are looking to buy. Give the agent a call and see how it feels communicating with them. Normally compensation is offered by the people selling their homes. So the service in Free to you!

I am an agent who focuses in the South Towns. I would love to talk with you.

Kathi Holder
The Holder Reimann Team
Realty USA
check out our website at http://www.bestwnyhomes.com
Geraldine, every Realtor can represent buyers or sellers...find a Realtor with whom you have comfort and trust and ask them to represent you.

If you are looking for referrals in your area, contact me offline and I will be happy to make recommendations. gail@gailgladstone.com
Web Reference: http://GailGladstone.com
Hi Geraldine. You can get a great buyer's agent right here on Trulia by clicking on the 'Find a Pro' at the top and putting in your zip code. Then write or call a few different agents and see which one you feel most comfortable with. Choose them according to the answers they give you and whether or not you feel they are professional with you.

Scott Miller, Realty Associates, Boca Raton, FL
You can begin by interviewing a few agents from different realty companies, don’t be too concerned as to their locations; sometimes a local broker is no more skilled than one outside your area. Ask about scheduling around your needs, who will choose the properties to be seen, can you expect updates on new listings and recently sold properties, and how often will communication occur, etc. Ask about current sales in your areas of interest, negotiating strategies, etc., then choose the one you like best. As for commission--unless you have an agreement otherwise with your agent, to pay above the commission the seller is offering, representation will cost you nothing.