Cher0571, Home Buyer in Sarasota, FL

Thinking of relocating from NY to Sarasota in the near future. How is the job market in the area?

Asked by Cher0571, Sarasota, FL Sat Feb 9, 2013

Answers

13
Teresa M. Fe…, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Mon Feb 11, 2013
@ Michael, every time someone else answers the question, Trulia notify's you. That is probably why you are seeing the question so many times. It is not that the inquirer keeps asking the same question. Perhaps you can change this in your settings.

My best,
Terri

Teresa M. Fellows
Broker/Associate
ERA Waterside Realty
941-350-4297
tmf4257@mac.com
michael beni…, Agent, bradenton, FL
Mon Feb 11, 2013
how many times are you going to post this I have seen it ten times now how about a new question. Just sayin
LaRosa Team, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Mon Feb 11, 2013
Hi There Cher,

I am a native New Yorker too! And I love the Sarasota/ Bradenton/Lakewood Ranch Area. It is truly beautiful. It is always sunny and bright here!

Relocating to a new area is filled with opportunities. Not sure of what industry your looking for work. But Check out the job search at Monster jobs.com. Here is the link below.
http://jobsearch.monster.com/browse/Florida+sarasota_12?pg=2…

We are centrally located. You can even look into work in St Pete, Clearwater or Tampa.

When you make a decision about work and need to find a place to live. We can help you find the right property. Whether a rental or home to buy.

Go to Sarasotadreamliving.com and start your search to receive Sarasota home listings daily.
Check out this link with all the latest Sarasota Foreclosures For Sale
http://sarasotadreamliving.com/foreclosure-homes-for-sale/

Best Wishes!
Stacey LaRosa
LaRosa Team Realtors
Atchley International realty
941-539-1596
David B. Lev…, , Longboat Key, FL
Mon Feb 11, 2013
Dear Cher
what are you looking to do for work? I have lived here off and on since 86 and never had an issue working
hope this helps a bit
Also, would think about renting for at least 6 months before buying so you truly get to know the whole area and then focus on a home ,so you know what areas you like.
Best of luck
David
The Leventhal Team
http://www.theleventhalteam.com
Jacqueline B…, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Mon Feb 11, 2013
Hi Cher0571,
As a former Manhattanite I can tell you the salaries are low compared to the City. If you are in the medical field jobs are plentiful as there are several top notch hospitals here in Sarasota. Take a look at the Herald Tribune jobs section (Monster), depending on your career path Sarasota may be a good match. The link is: http://jobs.heraldtribune.com/ Good luck to you !

Jacqueline Bell, Realtor
Coldwell Banker Siesta Key
5145 Ocean Blvd.
Sarasota, FL 34242
941-320-1700 or 212.991.8560
Stephen McRo…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Tampa, FL
Sun Feb 10, 2013
=
=
Does it really matter that much?

I mean, look outside, how deep is the snow where you're at today? Its a good beach day down here! lol

You may not make as much down here, but the cost of living is less, you're not wasting 3 mo. of your live each year stuck indoors 3 mo. ....and its warm outside today!

Below are some of the best programs from A to Z available, including the all new Stated Income Alt Loans for Self Employed borrowers

After reviewing these programs below, please email me at Steve@pro-option.com with the ones you'd like more info about:

1) 100% LTV- VA - pay off debt at closing on a purchases too!

2) 100% LTV- USDA - 12 mo. into Chapter 13 BK…OK Too!

3) 99% LTV- FHA

4) 97% LTV- NEW- No PMI -No FHA 1.75% MIP Fee!

5) 95% LTV- NEW-No PMI!

6) 95% LTV- NEW-CONDO Loan

7) 90% LTV- NEW-No PMI -2nd Home

8) 90% LTV- New-Jumbo w/cc

9) 85% LTV- NEW- No PMI to Super Jumbo

10) 80% LTV- Rental Property

Stated Income Alt Loan programs

11) 80% LTV- to Super Jumbo

12) 80% LTV- FIX n’ FLIP Invest. Prop. – No min. credit!

13) 75% LTV-to Mega Jumbo

14) 75% LTV- Foreign Nationals-to Super Jumbo

15) 75% CLTV-after Short Sale, BK, Foreclosure to Super Jumbo

16) 70% LTV- Hard Money to Jumbo

17) Lot Loans / Land Loans Too!

Go to: http://WWW.PRO-OPTION-COM or call 888-662-4404

=
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Sat Feb 9, 2013
Cher,

The availability of employment is closely tied to what you bring to the table. What is your training and what are your experiences?

Before making a committemnt, it might be advisable to plan a visit only for the purpose of gathering first hand employment information. Relying on your own information source is always viewed as an advantage.

michael beni…, Agent, bradenton, FL
Sat Feb 9, 2013
There is defintly a higher pay in the North East. But the lifestyle here is so much more rewarding then the rat race up there. I lived my whole life 15 miles out of Manhatten in NJ. I don't miss it a bit the bad roads rude people and the weather OMG just what you are going through this week. People here will say good morning, hello at first it takes you off guard. But then you get into it and start doing it yourself. Very cultural here and clean.When I go back to see family I thank God I made the move.Take the plunge you will never look back.

Michael Beninato
RE/MAX Alliance Group
cell: 908-578-0886
email: michaelb1@remax.net
Cher0571, Home Buyer, Sarasota, FL
Sat Feb 9, 2013
My background is administrative work, mostly in finance/insurance so i think that could translate to other industries. I know the salary will not be the same but change of lifestyle is what i am looking for. I love Sarasota, have been many times.
Then make the move and make it happen. I think you'll love the lifestyle.
Flag Sat Feb 9, 2013
David White, , Sarasota, FL
Sat Feb 9, 2013
Like the other anwsers given it depends on the field of work you're in. Lately the new home construction has been on fire with a very hot market. Health care is a no brainer with finding employment given qualfications.

If you're in the market to buy a home give me a call or email me at david.white@floridamoves.com and we can discuss your price range and the criteria.

Dave…

David G. White
Realtor Associate, (SFR) Short Sale & Foreclosure Resource Certified

COLDWELL BANKER RESIDENTIAL REAL ESTATE, INC
8334 Market St.
Bradenton, FL 34202
Business Phone (941) 907-1033 / Fax (941) 907-1055

Home Office (941) 756-0821
Cell Phone (941) 451-1462
Email - david.white@floridamoves.com
Teresa M. Fe…, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Sat Feb 9, 2013
Hi Cher,

Sarasota is a remarkable place to live. If you are creative and have the will to have a successful career here, then you will. There is not a lot of corporate opportunities but the possabilities are endless. You will find welcomed support from almost everyone who relocated here and made it happen. The connections you will find are amazing. Luck is by design.

All my best,
Terri

Teresa M. Fellows
Broker/Associate
ERA Waterside Realty
941-350-4297
tmf4257@mac.com
Margaret Ama…, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Sat Feb 9, 2013
Like Tracy said, it depends on what your field is. Sarasota has a lot of art, entertainment, medical institutions and is also a retirement haven. You picked a beautiful place to move to. I am sure something will turn up for you while you are exploring the jobs in your field. Good Luck and welcome to Sarasota!
Tracy Hoyt, Agent, Valrico, FL
Sat Feb 9, 2013
Cher,

What career field are you in? To better answer that question, we might need a bit more information. Several areas of Florida are having a rebound with new jobs and many opportunities.

Tracy Hoyt
Prudential Tropical Realty