Thinking about the Pepper Lane new town homes in Berryessa. What is the area like there, is it safe? Is it a good investment with good resell value?

Asked by Anna Hsu, Milpitas, CA Thu Mar 8, 2012

Answers

8
Tina Lam, Agent, San Jose, CA
Fri Mar 9, 2012
I live around the Berryessa area so I've been following the Pepper Lane development closely. Here's one of my recent blogs about it:

http://www.trulia.com/blog/tina_lam/2011/10/pepper_lane_in_b…

There's a number of factors that are coming together to drive up future home prices at Pepper Lane in the next 5-7 years, so you'll be rewarded for your patience.

In terms of safety, I personally feel it's safe enough. But, as Monica suggested, you can check out crimereports.com to get a sense of your comfort level.
Web Reference:  http://www.archershomes.com
Any idea if there are townhouse available to rent there? n If yes, how much would the rent be for a 2 Bedroom place please?
Flag Mon Feb 29, 2016
Arpad Racz, Agent, San Jose, CA
Mon Feb 29, 2016
Hi Anna,

I could review several topics on this with you. Please feel free to call me.

Kind regards,

Arpad
Sbsaai, Home Buyer, San Jose, CA
Mon Feb 29, 2016
Michael Cheng, Agent, San Jose, CA
Sun Aug 5, 2012
Steven is correct that the value won't be changing much but the prices there will continue to go up. So, from a financial point of view, you would get a good return on your downpayment investment especially if you buy now.

The rationale for the discount today is that the builders are selling a life-style. At the beginning of construction, your new home is in the middle of a construction zone, not that attractive. So, the builder gives you a discount. As the project is completed, the community is more livable and attractive to buyers. This drives up demand and prices.

I've just sold a unit in the complex in the last few weeks and prices are already up $10K. If you had put down 10% to purchase, that would have already yielded you a 20% return on your downpayment. If you have any other questions about how builders work and how to get a deal, please let me know.
Stevenl, Home Buyer, San Jose, CA
Sat Jul 14, 2012
I live about a half mile south of the Pepper Lane townhomes.

I would say that's a safe area.

It's far north of east san jose, so that's good.

The houses that surround Pepper Lane are safe and quiet.

To check crime data, use:
crimereports.com
everyblock.com
myneighborhoodupdate.net

Regarding resell value in the future, you'll be buying at $480,000 or so. With increasing unemployment, recession, devaluation of the US dollar, I don't see the value shooting up much.
David and Da…, Agent, Campbell, CA
Fri Mar 9, 2012
Hello Anna,

I think you will want to drive the area and look through the crime reports site as many have mentioned. Go through the area at different times of the week and day to get a good sense if the daily life should you decide to move. I am surprised that not many buyers actually do this?

For new communities there is usually a lot of interest from buyers as every likes the idea of buying new. Right now as the market has suddenly become tighter than it has in the past so this will help the developer to raise his prices a bit. The Berryessa area has gone from 91 active SFH listings last year to just 48 this year.

Be sure that you do not go to the sales center without your realtor the first time.. (Supper Important) If you do not bringing your agent during your first visit to the complex your agent will receive no compensation for represent you during the negotiation and transaction with the developer. Strange but true. Keep in mind that a developer price is like any other sellers, negotiable...

Good Luck,
Danielle Contreras
408.375.7429
Web Reference:  http://www.SanJoseTeam.com
Monica Goyal…, , Cupertino, CA
Thu Mar 8, 2012
Hi Anna,

Please check out couple of sites to like https://www.crimereports.com/ to see what kind of incidents are reported in that area. You can also drive by the neighborhood at different times of the day to ge a perception and feel for that area.

I would highly recommend you to meet with a Realtor like myself, who can provide you price comparables. See what the properties are selling for, there are many ways to assess the market and guage return on investment. Its always good to make an informed decision.

Monica Goyal
408-476-0675
charles butt…, Agent, san jose, CA
Thu Mar 8, 2012
Thank you, Anne:

The Berryessa neighborhood is excellent. it is close to shopping, schools and has short easy access to the major freewys and expressways for the commute to work. the neighborhood is very safe. It is a good investment. There is a large amount of demand for property in the Berryessa Area. Resale value is very good in the Berryessa area.

Charles Butterfield MBA
American Realty
Cell Phone: (408)509-6218
Fax: (408)269-3597
Email Address: charlesbutterfieldbkr@yahoo.com
DRE#00901872