They are doing a lot of new construction here. Will there be terrible traffic?

Asked by Carmen Chaplane, Los Angeles, CA Tue Aug 13, 2013

Answers

5
Jamie Tian, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Tue Aug 13, 2013
Hi Carmen,

Traffic is always bad in Los Angeles, but I have not noticed any increase in traffic due to new constructions.

Feel free to contact me directly at (310) 717-1321 or JamieTian@RodeoRE.com if you have any other questions or if you would like me to send you a list of available properties in the Mar Vista and West Los Angeles area that fit your budget and search criteria.

Jamie Tian
Rodeo Realty
(310) 717-1321
JamieTian@RodeoRE.com
DRE #01920120
Web Reference:  http://www.jamietian.com
Gail Mercedes…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Sun Aug 18, 2013
Hi Carmen,

I have lived on the Westside for a very long time. Yes, there are areas of new construction in all areas of the city. One new concept for new construction is mixed-use. Playa Vista and the new Stella Apartments are mixed use. Combining residential and commercial in one structure or walking distance from the residents. That cut down on auto traffic. But the realty the traffic is a nightmare in all parts of the city. People have to commute for business, school, shopping and etc. The Metro may help but as large as L.A. is we are land locked and a car city. I am not sure what the alternative is to driving in this city. We need our cars. I do not have a crystal ball but I think the future maybe more traffic.

Gail Mercedes Cole
EXP Realty
310.853.9933
Dorene Slavi…, Agent, Torrance, CA
Tue Aug 13, 2013
I have worked and lived in the area for many years and I can tell you that traffic has gotten worse . No doubt about it. It makes sense since in years past the entire area was wetlands except for the Hughes Aircraft Company which operated in the area.
To be perfectly frank, I think traffic has increased almost everywhere in Los Angeles. I hope the Metro and our other efforts for mass transit will help to lessen this .
Douglas Lagos, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Tue Aug 13, 2013
Traffic in Playa Vista will be getting worse in the coming years because of new development.
Check out this website just for Playa Vista. http://playavista.com/

Did you know that Playa Vista is the only place in the Westside that charges Mello Roos taxes on all properties. This tax can be as high or higher than the current homeowners' association dues, and not always specified by the selling agent.

Contact a Local Realtor that specializes in the area to give you detail information as to what to expect when buying in Playa Vista.

I am on e of those!
Kristen Ybab…, Agent, Redondo Beach, CA
Tue Aug 13, 2013
I have worked in this area for almost 15 years and have notice very little additional traffic with the Playa Vista development. The biggest change has been the additional intersection lights which slow things down a bit, but traffic continues to move.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, thanks,
Kristen
310-993-7898