The price premium of Upper Saint Clair over Mt. Lebanon, (if any)

Asked by Karen, Pittsburgh, PA Mon Nov 3, 2008

We've been looking into the property in Upper Saint Clair and Mt. Lebanon, and often notice that the asking price for single family houses in Upper Saint Clair is higher than those in Mt. Lebanon on comparable property (age of the house, size, interior are similar). Curious to know what the extra dollar are paid for? any insights?

Answers

2
Heartland Ho…, , Pittsburgh, PA
Tue Nov 11, 2008
From my personal experience looking at resale homes in both areas last year the Upper Saint Clair homes are likley to be more updated than their Mt. Lebanon counterparts. Upper Saint Clair as a community has continued to grow and adapt as the years have gone by (ex: the new community center coming soon) where Mt. Lebanon has remained relatively the same.
That doesn't mean one area is better than the other - everyone has their own items that are most important to them...They just have different characteristics.

Best of luck!
Web Reference:  http://www.LoveHeartland.com
Jeffrey Benn…, Agent, Pittsburgh, PA
Mon Nov 3, 2008
I don't think there's really a significant difference. Both have school systems that are thought to be excellent (see schoolmatters.com for a comparison). USC has been ranked in the top 100 in the nation.

Comparing the average sale price of a 4-br/2-ba home (last six months), Mt. Lebanon was $260K, USC $270K. Comparing average list prices, Mt. Lebanon was $288K, and USC $285K. So, very similar.

I do sell in that area, and don't see any big difference -- but an agent who lives there might know something I don't. Let's see who else answers...