The house at 179 Robert Court in Bozeman is not for sale according to the listing agent, but is still listed for sale on Trulia. What's up?

Asked by Dennis Erickson, Bozeman, MT Thu Dec 27, 2012

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1051005302-Single-Family-Home…

Answers

3
vcwald’s answer
vcwald, Home Buyer, Bozeman, MT
Mon Aug 5, 2013
Sometimes because the sale is contingent upon the buyer meeting some condition (e.g., selling their current home) and the seller is willing to entertain backup offers in case the contingency isn't met by deadline. Most realtor websites indicate this status if it is the case.
Bud, Home Buyer, Three Forks, MT
Thu Dec 27, 2012
Well, Dennis, I'd ask a Bozeman real estate agent if I were you; do you know any? There are some good ones who would be able to answer the question off the top of their head because they KNOW the market.
Dennis Erick…, Agent, Bozeman, MT
Fri Dec 28, 2012
Bud, thanks for the input. I am a real estate broker in the area which is why I know the home is not for sale. It's actually against Montana real estate law to advertise a property for sale if it is not, especially if you're a licensee. But a website that advertises a property that isn't for sale is also violating basic laws of misrepresentation. I was curious is there was another reason I might not be aware of.
Dennis,
I wonder that, too. Also, Trulia's pricing algorithms are incorrect for our area. It will be nice when they are accurate. Courtney King (Trisha's team)
Flag Mon Feb 3, 2014