The home for sale on Zillow but not on Trulia.

Asked by Keisha Johnson, Baton Rouge, LA Thu Jun 28, 2012

The home at 10141 Tams shows for sale on Zillow but not on Trulia. Is there a reason why?
This 3/br 1/ba home with bonus 1/2 bath out back sits on 1/2 acre fenced in lot. $5000 in sellers concessions with a full price offer!!! Buyer can apply the $5,000 toward closing or take it off the price of the house!! Home also includes a washer, dryer, range, refigerator and queen bed with matching dresser and armoire.

Answers

8
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Fri Jun 29, 2012
Margie - scroll down a bit, read some previous responses and you won't have to "guess" what has occurred - the home in question is now a "for sale by owner", and Trulia doesn't have fsbo listings on their site. Zillow does allow fsbo's.

Also, just so you know, homes DO get "automatically" listed here on trulia - they are fed via the MLS . Agents can edit their listings further and add more information, but the listing is already here.

I see you're new to trulia (welcome onboard), but perhaps it would be a good idea to become familiar with the site before giving incorrect site information, which might only serve to confuse the consumer rather than answer their question.
It's also a good idea, imo, to read at least a few of the previous responses, so that you're in the loop as far as what has already been shared.

Best wishes........
Debbie my mistake if my info was taken that way. An "agent" non-member Realtor of MLS can list a house and it would not automatically be on Trulia. I knew the home had change to a FSBO but to be accurate (in case at the very moment I was typing my answer) they had decided to go with an agent I felt legally obligated to present it as a possibility and not a fact.
Thank you for the welcome!
Flag Fri Jun 29, 2012
Margie Maybe, Agent, Baton Rouge, LA
Fri Jun 29, 2012
Hi Keisha,

This is purely a guess on my part but, seeing as homes don't automatically get listed on one site and then the other, the odds are the home owner or whomever is listing this home is unaware of what a great user friendly tool Trulia can be for potential home buyers. If you need any other real estate assistance please feel free to contact me. ~Margie Maybe with Town Favorites Realty, Baton Rouge, LA (225)292-1772 Licensed in Louisiana by the LREC
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Thu Jun 28, 2012
..................you're welcome!
Keisha Johns…, Both Buyer And Seller, Baton Rouge, LA
Thu Jun 28, 2012
Thanks. I called and it is for sale by owner now.
Katherine Ra…, Agent, Mandeville, LA
Thu Jun 28, 2012
You can spend a lot of time trolling through various websites that have inaccurate information or you can work with a realtor to find what you want.

Did you know that you can plug any address into Zillow and it will show as a
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Thu Jun 28, 2012
if it is a for sale by owner it will not appear on trulia, but can be posted on zillow
Alice James, Agent, Baton Rouge, LA
Thu Jun 28, 2012
Accuracy and updates of postings vary from site to site. It just my not have been updated on Trulia yet or Zillow may not have updated the status. Our systems shows that the property was withdrawn from sale on 6/26/12.
Daniel, , Baton Rouge, LA
Thu Jun 28, 2012
the home is not for sale on mls,

you may be looking at an old listing that the realtor failed to remove