Home Buying in 33617>Question Details

LoLi, Home Buyer in Tampa, FL

The builder never completed the project. How can I get my money back?

Asked by LoLi, Tampa, FL Sun Jan 4, 2009

In 2005 I signed a contract to purchase a townhouse that was in the preconstruction phase. The project was never completed and the builder never returned my deposit. In 2007 I attempted to get my money back (with the help of a lawyer) and was not successful. I recently found out that the project continues under a different name and builder. How can I get my money back without having to hire a lawyer???

Help the community by answering this question:


My answer is what I would do I am not speaking as an agent and I am not a lawyer.

I would put a lien on the property.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 4, 2009
Your contract governs on failure of either party. If your money was rendered to title company make your demands there. If property sold to another builder I would assume all deposits transferred to new developer. Contact that developer.

Many builders have earnest paid to them direct not title company I am hopeful you have a buyers agent who can assist you with many of your questions.
Web Reference: http://www.lynn911.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 4, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer