The Vineyards Townhomes

Asked by Susan, Canyon Country, CA Tue Mar 19, 2013

What can anyone tell me about the area of Palmdale where the Vineyards PUD community is located and any information on the actual community itself would be great as well. Is it a good area, bad area, etc.?

Answers

8
Rebecca Marv…, Agent, Palmdale, CA
Tue Apr 30, 2013
Every city/town in the USA has good and bad areas... judgement of what is good or bad is determined by the viewer. I like Littlerock, CA and a lot of people don't for various reasons - dirt roads, smelly livestock, etc.

Townhomes/condos have HOA fees which is on top of your mortgage and a lot of people find that unacceptable. It has security though which most people find attractive.
Susan, Home Buyer, Canyon Country, CA
Wed Mar 27, 2013
Edwin and Johnny, thank you ever so much for your responses. You have both given me a little more insight and some wonderful ideas about determining the neighborhood. Given that it's over an hours drive to get there, I was just trying to really determine if it was worth the trip, but this insight has given me enough fodder of consideration that I may just make a day of it and drive around the areas you've both mentioned, maybe visit the Sheriff's office directly while I'm there. :) Thanks again...

Susan
You are welcome Susan, if I can be of service in any way let me know. I hope your home search is a good one.
Flag Wed Mar 27, 2013
Johnny James, Agent, Carson, CA
Wed Mar 27, 2013
I showed two homes in the Vineyard PUD this week and it is a clean, quiet, secure community of homes.
Edwin Momeny, Agent, Newhall, CA
Tue Mar 19, 2013
Hi Susan:

This question is a virtual landmine for a realtor to answer, so I will tread very carefully. Most people I encounter at open houses who are coming from Santa Clarita express a preference toward living on the West side of the Antelope Valley, specifically Palmdale and Quartz Hill. One reason is that the public schools overall receive higher overall API scores and online reviews than those on the East side. Some of these same buyers believe there is more crime on the east side. Whether that is true or not, there are neighborhoods on the east side that are just as nice in terms of curb appeal as those on the west side. However, I can't speak to the crime rates of relative areas as I am not in law enforcement.

The best way I know of to determine the desirability of a neighborhood is to 1) see it firsthand 2) talk up a few of the community members if you see them during your showing 3) check with the Sheriff's Dept to get crime stats for the area. In addition, you will be well served to drive through the surrounding area to see what it would be like to go for a walk. This is something I do with any buyer to give them a sense of the area where they could be living, in addition to showing them the house.

Regarding the Vineyards, I have shown a couple homes in this community and the grounds seemed to be well kept. The security gate has always worked properly when I have visited. Beyond that, I would suggest you consider the action items above to give you a firsthand account of life in this area.

Some might say they are better off buying a single family home with no HOA in a quality Palmdale neighborhood (east or west), rather than buying a PUD home and dealing with HOAs. Once again, it all depends on the neighborhood and home that best suit all of your needs.

I hope this information has proven helpful and wish you the best of luck in your home search.

Eddie Momeny
Realty Executives
Littlerock, CA
661-860-1408
emomeny@gmail.com
Nancy Villas…, Agent, Ventura, CA
Tue Mar 19, 2013
Good Evening Susan,

As a Realtor we are not allowed to comment on good vs bad communities. I apologize. I would be more than happy to take you around different communities so that you may see the communities first hand. I am always available and there is no fees to you for my assistance.
Tamara Stoebe, Agent, Lancaster, CA
Tue Mar 19, 2013
Hello Susan,

The Vineyards is a nice community - gated and with security. Palmdale - there is an East vs West dichotomy but the reality is there are certain areas that may have neighborhood issues. For specific information regarding criminal activities, you can contact the Palmdale Sheriff's office at (661) 272-2400.

There are many areas that are very nice in East Palmdale, Vineyards seems to be a nicer area. There are monthly HOA fees of $180 - fees include water, community pool, maintenance of greenbelt/playground, Volleyball, Basketball, BBQ, etal, areas.

If I can help in any way, please let me know.

Tamara Stoebe, REALTOR/Notary
GRI, e-PRO, CHS, QSC
DRE License #01827461
Prudential Troth REALTORS
1801 W. Ave. K
Lancaster, CA 93534
(661) 466-6849
Fax (661) 422-3006
http://www.TamaraStoebe.com
Susan, Home Buyer, Canyon Country, CA
Tue Mar 19, 2013
I'm actually more interested in opinions of the neighborhood at the moment. Is Palmdale still considered not the best area? Is it an east versus west dichotomy, etc., which is where the whole good area bad area recommendations come into play so I can know where to focus my visits.
Nancy Villas…, Agent, Ventura, CA
Tue Mar 19, 2013
Good Evening Susan,

I would highly recommend looking at the properties personally. There are two homes that are currently on the market in that same community. Please let me know if you would like to set up a time for viewing.

Nancy Villasenor
Broker Associate, Team Leader
Nancy Villasenor & Associates
RE/MAX of Santa Clarita
25101 The Old Road
Santa Clarita CA 91381
Direct (661) 945-7200
Office (661) 284-5095
Fax (866) 519-2179
http://www.nancyvillasenor.com
Broker License #01433438