The Meridian in Suffern ny..Good financial shape ? Am a light sleeper How's construction? Any 2 bdrm available on the top flr ?

Asked by Larryf, Suffern, NY Sun Oct 10, 2010

Very simply put the only reason I'm leaving my current apartment is because of the noise coming from footsteps in the apartment above me. I am very noise sensitive so was looking for an apartment that was on the top floor in an elevated building. I've read some of the publicity in re to the Meridian and so submitted the above questions. I'm still exploring whether Suffern is the right move for me but obviously would not know until I further explore the area. I am a retiree who, drives but wants public trans. to Manhattan to be readily available.

Answers

5
allan erps,A…, Agent, Pearl River, NY
Thu Jan 9, 2014
Thruway still right near there as well as the Train Station. Considering another area, let me know & I will send you some possibly quitter areas. Allan
Edie Williams, Agent, Nyacm, NY
Thu Jan 9, 2014
Might have one coming up in the very near future. If your patient and I can get you in as soon as it is listed.
Edie Williams, Agent, Nyacm, NY
Thu Nov 7, 2013
Hello Larry,
I was the buyers agent for many of the sales that were completed at the Meridian and hosted weekly open houses there for the builder and selling agent for a year and a half.
There are 56 units in the building, they are all 2 bdrm 2 bath units with 9 penthouses on the top floor (penthouses also have a 2nd level loft). At this time there is only one unit available for sale or for rent that is unit 214 (second floor), it is on the market for $310,000 or for rent for $2,300 per month.
As far as hearing footsteps from floors above your unit, it should be quite quiet, floors are concrete under parquet floors.
I can tell you that there is a freight train behind the building which runs 2 to 3 times a month, usually during the morning hours. There is a volunteer fire department next door and you might hear them on occasion. To date, I have not had any of my clients complain about noise.
If you would like further information on the Meridian and would like to speak with me directly, please feel free to contact me.
Edie Williams
Better Homes & Gardens Rand Realty
46 S. Broadway, Nyack, NY
edie.williams@randrealty.com
Off# (845) 358-7171
Cell# (845) 480-1151
Ellen Kippel, Agent, Suffern, NY
Sat Jun 1, 2013
Hi Larry,

I know you asked this question quite a while ago and it may not be relevant anymore but since I sold a unit in The Meridian recently, I thought I'd answer your question. I, too, am very noise sensitive. I would only live on the top floor no matter what I was told about the construction for the same reasons you were not happy with the apartment you were in when you wrote this question. The Meridian sold out very quickly and I don't know if you bought a unit there. If you did, could you let me know the answer from your personal experience, regarding noise issues. I like to be as honest as I can with my clients and any information you might have about this would be helpful to me. If I can help you with any real estate needs in Rockland County, Orange County or Northern NJ please contact me.

Take care,
Ellen
Ellen Kippel
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson NY and NJ
Weichert Realtors
Mutli-Million Dollar Producer
Website : http://www.dreamhomesrocklandandorangeny.com
Website: http://www.ellensellsrealestate.com
Email: eskippel@aol.com
allan erps,A…, Agent, Pearl River, NY
Sun Oct 10, 2010
Hello Larry, Quite frankly the top floor of this complex are Penthouses. The way it is configured a back unit on the top would work BUT there are train tracks and the Thruway in the distance. Placement of the unit would be essential. If you wish to view whatever is still available let me know. My email is allan.erps@randrealty.com. My cell is 845-304-3040. Regards Allan