Waltfinn, Home Buyer in Scottsdale, AZ

Thanks for all your answers. We'd prefer a house without a pool since it would be winter season only. Seems like all the houses we like have

Asked by Waltfinn, Scottsdale, AZ Fri Oct 22, 2010

pools. We're looking in North Scottsdale, want a newer house, prefer gated community with some amenities. Which areas in Scottsdale are the most sought after?

Ryan Buckley The Premier Group’s answer
Ryan Buckley Realtor®
Turning your Dream into an Address
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
twitter @rcoldwellbanker
It really depends on the type of renter you are looking for while you are not living in the property. In addition to seasonal rentals, your home (if in the right North Scottsdale location) can attract weekly and monthly renters for Spring training as well. Baseball teams have to live somewhere as well. :)

Bryan Hamby
10601 N. Hayden Rd #I-100
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
85255 is one of the premier zip codes, right along the 101's NE corner with master planned communities like DC Ranch (& Silverleaf), Grayhawk, & McDowell Mountain Ranch. If its strictly for the winter, 85262 is north of 85255 and has many private and daily fee golf courses, as does 85266.
Hi Walt,
Want a winter home. How about a 4bed/4 bath townhome in troon north for under $400,000. Visit my website to contact me to set an appointment to view this move in ready property. Copy this URL link to see this beautiful home. http://www.visualshows.com/users/3805/TownHome-for-Sale-Scot…
Hi Waltfinn
North Scottsdale is the prime area to search. Gated then begets a better return and amenities mark a further preference. Depending on the amount you'll want to spend your options range from $350k to multi millions. In order to spend your time most efficiently let me know your criteria and I'll customize a property search for you and make a presentation for you.
Laura Myers
Keller Williams Arizona Realty

You have not mentioned your price range. There is a tremendous amount of variety in N. Scottsdale. Some of the areas I like include, Grayhawk, D.C. Ranch, Terravita, Bellasera and Desert Mountain (far north).

All are gated, secure, upscale with loads of amenities. All these communities have large "snowbird" populations. There is just so much to choose from today, at great prices, that you need to identify which amenities are most desirable for you and narrow down your search.

Let me know how I can help.