Thanks for all of the advice on the short escrow with "unpermitted work." It ended up, in a lame way, that

Asked by Kim, Sat Mar 8, 2008

the listing agent actually knew that the work on the home was permitted, but only the city had the permits. I don't know why an agent would indicate that the home was unpermitted. She was very disturbed how we stood our ground on the matter and when we told her we wanted out of the deal, she zoomed over to the city, got the permit, and turned it over to us with an attitude. We are still going through with the escrow. See next question...

Answers

4
James Gordon…, Agent, Hamilton, OH
Sat Mar 8, 2008
Patti if you would read the question you would see that it was a woman.
Dot Chance, Agent, Burbank, CA
Sat Mar 8, 2008
I believe that was just a figure of speech - I don't think Patti was being gender-specific! :)
Patti Philli…, , Carlsbad, CA
Sat Mar 8, 2008
Go figure what the thought process there would be? Who knows what evil lurkes in the minds of men???? :}
Patti Philli…, , Carlsbad, CA
Sun Mar 9, 2008
Dot, Thanks, you were right---- It was just a figure of speech..... geez, I guess we can't make a little joke here on Trulia. Go figure.