Tell me about the sedgefield area. Don't want to pay dilworth/elizabeth/plaza midwood prices. Looking for house under 350K

Asked by Donna, Charlotte, NC Thu Nov 28, 2013

Answers

7
Stephanie Bl…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Fri Nov 29, 2013
Donna,

I have listed and sold in the Sedgefield area and it is a fantastic location! It is one of the few underdiscovered areas in Charlotte and is really starting to take off. It is a great location to get in on a future Dilworth area without having to pay the prices. I always tell my clients when they buy, to buy what they love, but always keep on eye on future resale as you never know what life is going to throw at you. This is one area where I would recommend any client looking to live close to Uptown, but with a neighborhood feel. Feel free to call me or email me for more detailed information.

Stephanie Blackburn
DL Morton Realty
704-759-6168
sblackburn@dlmortonrealty.com
Peggy Ethel…, Agent, Walterboro, SC
Fri Nov 29, 2013
Broker/Agent in Walterboro South Carolina. 29488,We have lovely home in this location.
Hi Peggy, are you saying you have a lovely home for sale in sedgefield?
Flag Sat Nov 30, 2013
Daniel Fisher, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Fri Nov 29, 2013
Sedgefield has been undergoing a renaissance for several years - where people are buying an fixing up homes to flip, rent or resell. With the light rail multifamily boom, there are some interesting opportunities on the south blvd side of the neighborhood. The location however, will have a large impact on the prices being asked and the ultimate sales prices. You should thoroughly research school districts between uptown and South Park as some will have much better potential than others. If you have a full time agent with a Masters degree in Planning with Finance and over two decades of experience, working for you, you will likely do better in negotiations. I'd be pleased to provide that service. If you appreciate this answer, please give it a thumbs up, or if this was the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a best answer click.
John Siddons…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Thu Nov 28, 2013
Hi Donna!

Sedgefield is a great neighborhood that is quickly on the rise. There are lots of people in your exact situation, who want to live close to Uptown/Southpark but don't want to pay for the premium on the name "Dilworth" or "Elizabeth". With more people moving to Charlotte, and limited inventory and land available, Sedgefield has been the primary option for many people wanting to live in these areas.

Email or call me directly, as I primarily service all of those areas and know it very well. I work with buyers and it wouldn't cost you anything extra when buying to use me.

I hope to help and Happy Thanksgiving!

John Siddons
http://www.JohnSiddons.com
704-458-1843
john.siddons@bhhscarolinas.com
John Kurtz, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Thu Nov 28, 2013
Donna. As a resident of the Sedgefield area I would love to talk with you about the area and other areas that are similar to dilworth, midwood, etc. I have a few pocket listings you might be interested in that are in your price range but are not on the Mls. Email me at john@johnkurtzhomes.com and I will share them with you. Happy thanksgiving
Lexie Longst…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Thu Nov 28, 2013
Sedgefield is a great neighborhood. I live within walking distance of it. There are two sections to the neighborhood. One is slightly older with homes built in the 40's and it is closer to Park Road. This part has curving roads, and the homes have more character. There are more tudors, and cottages. Then there is the section near South Blvd. off Marsh Road. These homes are post war ranches that were built as more production homes. They have hardwood floors and most were originally 2 or 3 bedrooms with one bath. The majority of these are under 1000 sq. feet and there are a lot of rentals in this pocket... as investors saw the value in them. However with every one wanting bigger homes... they need additions. I think you'll see the same thing happen to this area as what has happened in Dilworth near the old baseball park. (behind Lowes).

Because there are two different price ranged houses (low $160's to 500K for the new construction) it skews the averages. But in general you will be looking at over $350K near Park Road and near $200K in the South Blvd. side depending on the updates. Here is a link to the neighborhood report:
http://search.savvyandcompany.com/na/Sedgefield,6.html
This shows you prices, solds, and averages, along with Days on Market, and sale price discounts.

Savvy + Co. specializes in the intown neighborhoods including Sedgefield, Midwood, Dilworth and we have a great neighborhood blog http://www.HipHoods.com if you want to explore more.

We are happy to help you .... we know all about older fixer uppers... too!
Thanks Lexie for info.
Flag Thu Nov 28, 2013
Robin Faison, Agent, Kannapolis, NC
Thu Nov 28, 2013
Good morning Donna,

Sedgefield or Southend is a great area that is in the process of change for the better. Many people have renovated houses in this area, changing the look of the subdivision. The access to interstates is great, light rail nearby, close to Central Charlotte. When I found a rental for one of my clients, she said that it had a good vibe. I saw many people in their 20's walking dogs when I was there. For the specific demographics, you can check plenty of websites now. It is relatively easy to re-sell or rent in this area. I would suggest staying away from heavily traveled roads if possible.

You might like the Mallard Creek area of the University too. Colvard Park and Chatham are particularly nice, a good value for the money. Don't worry if you don't see a house in a subdivision that you like because there are plenty of sellers ready to market and move. They are just waiting for the right time.

Robin Faison, broker
robin.faison@gmail.com
Thanks Robin for getting back with me. Definitely want a fixer upper with good bones. Currently live in union co. off Prov rd. Want to be in more urban area. Would most likely try to rent out my home since I purchased at peak in 2007. Believe i want to stay south of uptown, not interested in University area.
Flag Thu Nov 28, 2013