Tell me about some condos in Alameda close to transit, the newly updated theater, park street area

Asked by Valerie Knepper, Berkeley, CA Thu Jul 10, 2008

Answers

3
Pacita Dimac…, Agent, Oakland, CA
Thu Jul 17, 2008
Guess you can tell from the answers that we love our wonderful island. As quaint and as small as it is, Alameda offer a wealth of choices for homes, dining experiences, entertainment. The transportation system is so efficient that you can choose just about anywhere to live and find it easy to hop on the bus, or take the ferry. And the weather is so pleasant that it's a joy to walk or ride the bike to your destination.

As for condos near the updated theater and downtown....our company, Gallagher & Lindsey, actually has a 2 Bedroom/2 Bath condo in the 2500 block of Central Avenue, just a couple of blocks to Park Street. It has gated and secure, has a balcony (to enjoy this fabulous weather!).

Let me know how I can help. Click on this link to discover Alameda http://www.alamedahomefinders.com/About_Alameda/page_95171.html

Come on down to Alameda!
Jean Powers, Agent, Castro Valley, CA
Sat Jul 12, 2008
WOW! Regarding the updated theater and Park St area, you have asked a question that is close to my heart! I was born and raised in Alameda and also have been a real estate Broker for over 24 years. Park Street has finally transitioned into a great place to shop, eat and enjoy new restaurants . finally our Alameda Theater has been renovated pretty much back to its original state with the addition of the extra screens and our new parking garage! I took a tour before it was opened and saved some of the gold leaf that was incorporated into the walls to look like it use to when I was a small girl! Regarding condos, there are a few small developments close to Park Street but most are located at Town Center (formerly Southshore Center) and close to the beach. Others are located at the west end of Shoreline and Webster Street. Town Center has had major improvements too! There is a new and wonderful Borders, a large Safeway, a great Trader Joes and there will soon be a Kohls replacing Mervyn's. I had dinner at the new Greek restaurant and it is wonderful. I highly recommend it! There are concerts this summer every Thursday at 5:30 pm. All the condos in Alameda are located close to transit.

If you are interested in looking around this great little town, I have the real estate experience and know Alameda like the back of my hand! Have a great weekend and thank you for asking the question!!
Web Reference:  http://JeanPowers.net
Susan Kaney, Agent, Alameda, CA
Thu Jul 10, 2008
Currently, there are a number of condominums available in Alameda. Most of these properties are located in the South Shore and West End areas of Alameda. These are lovely areas, with many advantages; being close to public transit and the newly renovated Alameda Towne Center or the Webster Street area. Park Street and the theatre are reachable by public transit or bike--a perferred mode of transportation in Alameda. I have a very nice, 2 bedroom 2 bath condo for sale with spectacular views of Alameda Beach on Shoreline. There is also a 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo for sale on Central Avenue which is walking distance to Park Street and the theatre. Let know if I can provide you more information on any of these properties.

Susan Kaney
Gallagher and Lindsey Realtors
510 748 2020
susan@susankaney.com