Tel me when will be a good time to invest in San Diego real-estate?

Asked by Kitchen Town, San Diego County, CA Wed Apr 27, 2011

Answers

20
, ,
Thu May 12, 2011
NOW rates are under 5% and I can get you a .5% down payment (thats right half a percent down)
email me or call me for details. davbstein@yahoo.com 858-337-9744
Julie Peters…, , San Diego, CA
Wed May 11, 2011
Now is a great time to buy a home in San Diego. Interest rates are at an all time low and prices are down all over the county. check out my website for property details and information on homes for sale in San Diego.
Bill Hays, Agent, Cardiff, AL
Thu May 5, 2011
When the monthly cost to rent exceeds the monthly mortgage payment for the same type of property, its a good time to buy. There are opportunities in San Diego at this time that fit that rule of thumb.

BeachBrokerBill
DRE#01775528
Jason Lopez, Agent, San Diego, CA
Wed May 4, 2011
It depends on what your goal is. Do you plan to live in the home over a period of time? Are you looking to flip or rent the home? Once that is determined then a specific answer can be given. Generally speaking, if you plan to live in the home, then taking interest rates into consideration, along with pricing, it is a very good time to buy. Think about it like this: If you are waiting for prices to come down more and interest rates go up say .5-1% over that time period, then anything you can save now is washed out. So why wait and chance it? Check out the link below for some other considerations you will want to look at as a buyer in this market.
Web Reference:  http://youtu.be/1Tom2S3mjXo
Lydia Liu, C…, Agent, San Diego, CA
Tue May 3, 2011
Many people still asking the same question !
Now is the best time to buy.
Interest rate so low and housing price has been dropped none stop for over 7 years, if every economic cycle is 7 years, then now is bottom of the market, soon the price should be up gradually.
So, if you are thinking to buy, you should buy it "NOW".
Paul Montano, Agent, Chula Vista, CA
Thu Apr 28, 2011
any time you can make 20% of your investment.
Web Reference:  http://www.montanorealty.net
Deborah Buff…, Agent, Carlsbad, CA
Wed Apr 27, 2011
Hi There,

A good time to invest in San Diego real estate is when you fall in love with a property. San Diego will always be a desireable location to live and work, given it's favorable location and climate, and so, given today's low interest rates on loans, and the wide variety of properties and condos and mansions available, it MAY make sense to start looking now -- if that fits in with your life plans.

It's still somewhat a buyers market now. If the time is right for you and yours, I'd begin looking. I know of 3 different listings at more than $2M that sold within 2 weeks. I personally just had a home listed ($360K) and it has just sold in about 1 week. Lots of variety out there right now. Find a good agent who will represent you well.
Paul Gomez, , San Diego, CA
Wed Apr 27, 2011
I my opinion it is a good time to make an investment when the return on your cash down payment is 6% or above after you factor in all the exspenses including 5% vacancy factor.
example: GROSS monthly rents x12 = XXXX
Minus below:
repairs
uitilities (water,trash, sewer)
property taxes
property insurance
debt service on loan
5% vacancy factor
NET ANNUAL income= ATLEAST 6% (SOMETIMES WE GET OVER 12%)
additionally there may be appreciation of the asset and depreciation gain on the schedule E
alll things considered including rent increases...This is an excelent time to make a prudent investment.
In my opinion! ....
Paul Gomez, , San Diego, CA
Wed Apr 27, 2011
example: GROSS monthly rents x12 = XXXX
Minus below:
repairs
uitilities (water,trash, sewer)
property taxes
property insurance
debt service on loan
5% vacancy factor
In my opinion! ....
Atifa Rashan, Agent, Carlsbad, CA
Wed Apr 27, 2011
I totally agree with Lydia, now is the time to buy in San Diego. I have lived and worked in San Diego for the last 14 years and it sure is a good time to buy now. If you need to keep up with the market, I have a private website that is by invite only, you can control your search engine, and it is free.
, ,
Wed Apr 27, 2011
From a mortgage perspective, it's a great time also. Interest rates are still very low and there are great programs for investment properties. You can still borrower up to 80% of the purchase price in most cases and even up to 90% on FannieMae foreclosures (if you see a "For Sale" sign that says "HomePath" it's a FannieMae foreclosure). We work extensively with investors. Feel free to call/email for additional information.

bill@billprovost.com
760-282-4415
Rod Watson, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Wed Apr 27, 2011
It all depends on your financial situation and needs. The market is prime right now for buying real estate in San Diego. Are you investing or looking to purchase your primary residence? It also depends on what area you are looking to purchase in and price point. If you have more questions please feel free to contact me. 800-264-3608 ext:1001. Best of luck!

Rod,
Lydia Liu, Agent, San Diego, CA
Wed Apr 27, 2011
Actually "now" is the best time to buy.
Why? : the interest rate are history low, and housing price are very very low now.
Some areas are flat out and price has gradually rising.
So, if you are thinking to buy, it depends on areas, overall, now is the best time to buy.
Cory La Scala, Agent, San Diego, CA
Wed Apr 27, 2011
Do you want to invest in a home to live in, or invest to rent out or flip? And what price range are we talking about There are MANY submarkets here in San Diego, so it makes a difference. there's no one answer, although you'll always here agents say "Now!"
The Powers R…, , 92129
Wed Apr 27, 2011
Right Now! Call our team, we offer 30 yrs of experience!

-- Rod --
Sasha Harvey, Agent, POWAY, CA
Wed Apr 27, 2011
the best time to invest in San Diego real estate is when it's feasible for you (i.e. when you can afford it). and please note: San Diego real estate has never been more affordable. in addition, when you add the currently available, super low mortgage interest rates and you have yourself the 'perfect storm' for buying real estate in San Diego. i am a real estate agent and i am buying San Diego real estate myself. :).
Ellen Hayes, , San Diego County, CA
Wed Apr 27, 2011
San Diego is a market unto itself. Prices have been slowly coming up. Now is when the interest rate is good and prices low. Many people are spooked by what has happened in the past 4 years in the industry, but if you have a steady job you can rely on and your health is good and especially if you have a spouse or partner that will be going in on it with you, I don't see a downside. Many people get scared and wait for it to be at the VERY bottom, but then end up chasing it on its way up... as NO ONE knows exactly when bottom is... we may have already passed it by... You'll get LOTS of so called experts telling you what the future holds, but NO ONE REALLY knows... just look around you, see if the inventory is going down even a li ttle, see if the action on good listings is heavy, look at the interest rate and follow your gut!! I've been selling San Diego county and SW Riverside county for over 21 years... and it is a good time NOW!! Good luck to you! Ellen Hayes
Brad Davidson, Agent, Placentia, CA
Wed Apr 27, 2011
It depends on your time line. If you're trying to flip something, this is probably not the time. Long term, prices are down and interest rates are low. Don't think that you can time the market and don't freak out over short term movement in the market. We're in a double dip right now and prices are more likely to go down than up in the next few months.
Gus Jaleel, Agent, San Diego, CA
Wed Apr 27, 2011
yes if you are buying below 500k, no if you want to buy above, above 500k market is still soft, below is ok to good
Jessica Foote, Agent, Poway, CA
Wed Apr 27, 2011
Immediately - interest rates and prices are low, and you could snatch up a Fannie Mae Home Path Home for 3% down, with closing costs paid and no PMI if you close by June 30th!
Web Reference:  http://homepath.com