Home Buying in Milwaukee>Question Details

Mdn31, Both Buyer and Seller in Milwaukee County, WI

Take a second chance on an iffy Realtor, or find a new one?

Asked by Mdn31, Milwaukee County, WI Tue Aug 7, 2012

Let me just start by saying it is HARD to find a short sale Realtor in my city. There are few with real experience. With that said, I used a Realtor to short sale one of my two investment properties about 2 months ago. We got an offer within 3 weeks (motivated buyer) and closed within 4 months. However, she was so hard to work with! She rarely replied to my questions and always treated me like I was bothering her when I called. There were also some things that she did not keep her word on...now, I am ready to sell the other property, and don't want to use her, but I don't have anyone else in mind. Should I take a chance on her again, since she did sell the property, or hold out for someone who would be easier to work with?

Hi there - It has been 5 long months but the realtor used was fantastic her name is Angela Walters and she is based in Milwaukee!

Google her name and find her website.

Yours sincerely

Carl OKeefe
First rule in business is good customer service. It takes a lifetime to build a good name and seconds to lose it. My office has a short sale specialist with a proven track record. If you like, shoot me an email with your information and I will make sure he gets it.

Peter Domanos
If she successfully closed a short sale, She is not iffy............. Patience is key in short sale world.
Ask her upfront what she expects of you,,,,,,,,,,Like space to get the job done........And tell her what you expect from her. I think 2 things were going on here. The agent should have been more tactful in telling you to chill out and hurry up and wait. And if she spends all her time on phone with client she is not on the phone negotiating.

Short Sales should be called Long Sales. I suggest if she got one done give her the other.

If it were a regular sale and communication was poor I would tell you in a heartbeat to find someone more attentive.
I am sure there are plenty of Realtors in your area that will handle short sales. Some agents do it themselves while others hire a short sale company or law agency to handle the short sale. Just call around and ask questions. Ask how many short sales they have done, how many actually closed, what is the turn around time, etc.? Then make a decision based on how comfortable you feel with that person. Good luck.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Green Lion Realty, Port Charlotte, FL
Any agent can handle a short sale for you. Not too many are willing to, however, because fo the hoops through which you have to jump to sell one.

Despite all of our training and licensing, being a REALTOR is a communication business and an agent that communicates with you regularly and answers your calls immediately is probably worth more in the long run than one with experience in short sales.