Julie Wyss, Real Estate Pro in Los Gatos, CA

Sunnyvale Real Estate is on FIRE! Is it the location or the community?

Asked by Julie Wyss, Los Gatos, CA Fri Jan 31, 2014

Answers

10
Manny macias, Agent, Sunnyvale, CA
Wed Feb 5, 2014
Sunnyvale is a great place to live. Traffic is not unbearable, Homes in many areas affortable. Jobs are all over the North side and most of all the residents are great. Lived hear for over 50 years, raised 4 children 3 dogs & 1 cat. Why not live here. Manuel "manny" Macias, broker,gri,crs
Tony, Home Buyer, Los Altos, CA
Wed Feb 5, 2014
If one can afford to buy a home in these areas, why would one live in the boundaries of 85, 101, Lawrence Expy and south segment of 280, the traffics in these major highways' sections are horrendous during busy hours. It is much better to move West of highway 85 (i.e. Los Altos, Mountain View), toward a more north segment of 280 with much lighter traffic going to work north or south of 280, going against traffic , besides you will have larger lot/yard, top schools, great neighborhoods, beating Sunnyvale in most criteria, and your home's value appreciation rate will be up a lot more than those in Sunnyvale in general.
Douglass Mcn…, Home Buyer, Palo Alto, CA
Mon Feb 3, 2014
I've been looking at Sunnyvale lately...the area west/south of El Camino which maps to Homestead High School has the most attractive community feel IMO. I wonder if that has been the hottest area in terms of property value appreciation?
Tony Lacy-Th…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, San Jose, CA
Sun Feb 2, 2014
Sunnyvale's a great place to live. I've lived near Las Palmas Park for nearly 20 years. It's convenient for both San Francisco and San Jose, with easy access to 101, 280 and CalTrain, and it's a safe, clean, well-run city. And with the rebuilding of downtown nearing completion it's no surprise that people want to live here. Schools are great, people are great, what's not to like?
Tony Lacy-Thompson, Arcus Lending, tony@svmortgageguy.com, NMLS# 244759.
Web Reference:  http://www.svmortgageguy.com
Manny macias, Agent, Sunnyvale, CA
Fri Jan 31, 2014
Definately the location. Silicon Valley is a prime example. Name lmost any community and you will good,better & best . It makes no diffenerces in some communities such as Palo Alto and Los Altos, but by far even there location will trump. manny
Marcy Moyer, Agent, Palo Alto, CA
Fri Jan 31, 2014
Simple answer:

Apple
Google
Linkedin

More people want to move in than there are homes available.

Great Downtown area.

Marcy Moyer
marcy@marcymoyer.com
Ca BRE 01191194
650-619-9285
Web Reference:  http://www.marcymoyer.com
David Allen…, Agent, Sunnyvale, CA
Fri Jan 31, 2014
Location, schools, jobs and new businesses moving into the city is the reason Sunnyvale Real Estate is on Fire. We have the great schools in the highest priced areas of 94087, Then you have the downtown area of which many want to live within walking distance of in the 94086 zip code area. Then you have the Linkedin area of 94085 20-40% up in price from last year and now we have moffett park area with developers loving this area, city just approved building of 6 more 8 story buildings on the other side of 237 which is the 94089 area that will also drive up the prices. The Sunnyvale citizens add flavor to living here and make this a safe place to live. Smarter, Bolder, Faster is what Century 21 calls us.
Myself, Born, raised, live and work right here in Sunnyvale and beyond...
http://www.SunnyvaleAreaSpecialist.com
Grace Morioka, Agent, San Jose, CA
Fri Jan 31, 2014
Sunnyvale--especially those portions that feed into or are a part of the Cupertino School system--have long been highly attractive to home buyers. Back in 2009, I remember telling clients that the homes in these areas (which were selling for $900,000) at the time were priced at a "bargain" that would not be seen again. If the buyers took my advice, they're now sitting with more than $500,000 in equity on their homes in just 5 short years. And if they didn't listen to my sage advice, those same buyers may now be "locked out" of the housing in the area since prices have risen far faster than income in the same time period. Truth be told, Sunnyvale is attractive to buyers for several reasons--1) safety, it is one of the safest communities in the area; 2) public school performance is stellar and several of the most desired sections of the city are part of the Cupertino School District; 3) excellent city services (believe me, I used to live in San Jose, and having city actually take care of lights and trees and plumbing is GREAT), and 4) community "feel." Although it actually is a larger city, Sunnyvale has never lost its 1960's charm or feeling of a smaller town and I know (except for a 20 year stint in San Jose), I've lived here MOST of my life and I'm not alone, city councilman Glen Hendricks is an old high school buddy of mine, and he, like many others, continue to live and work in Sunnyvale and surrounding areas. It's my home town and the place where the majority of my real estate practice is conducted. Sunnyvale is really is a wonderful city, and I can definitely see the allure!
Elena Talis, , Palo Alto, CA
Fri Jan 31, 2014
Neither - it's the economy! Silicon Valley is exploding and shortage of housing drives the pricing.
Web Reference:  http://talisrealestate.com
Francis Roll…, Agent, Los Altos, CA
Fri Jan 31, 2014
Hi Julie,
It is on fire, for sure. Several factors for this: the market in general, the fact that too few listings are on the market, Apple coming in the center of downtown. It is difficult to find a property for our clients-buyers, especially if the schools are a priority.
Francis
Web Reference:  http://www.frolland.com