Structural Cert- Is it common that buyers get this?

Asked by Bonn, Philly Tue Oct 7, 2008

My mortgage consultant adviced to get cert. My realtor said it is unecessary and costly. Any problems would be reported in inspection report anyway. I don't know which advice to go with. Any advice for me?

Answers

6
Al Campagna, , Philadelphia, PA
Sun Nov 16, 2008
I never heard from .Are you still looking for contractor?
Al Campagna, , Philadelphia, PA
Sat Nov 8, 2008
sorry its 856-254-9124. i'm available to speak any time.

thank you
al
Al Campagna, , Philadelphia, PA
Fri Nov 7, 2008
its al campagna the contractor. you an contact me at 856-254-9145
Chris & Step…, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Tue Oct 7, 2008
Bonn,

It would depend on how your agreement of sale was written up. If you have not reached that point, are you on the sale side or the buy side ? We are the dominant force in 19122 so if you want to reach out to me, let me know. I know every block in that zipcode.

Chris Somers
Web Reference:  http://www.thesomersteam.com
Jeremy S. Hi…, , Cherry Hill, NJ
Tue Oct 7, 2008
Bonn,

I'm not sure at what point you are in your transaction but this is what I can tell you. A lender can require that a structure or system within the home be certifiied prior to them giving you the money for the home. But this is usually required after a appraiser has determined value and condition. That does not seem to be the case here with you. Please provide more information so that myself and others in the community may better assist you.
Jon Griffith, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Tue Oct 7, 2008
It is up to you, the buyer, during your due diligence period to conduct as many inspections as you desire to make sure the home you're about to purchase is in good order and conforms to local standards, and your standards.

Your safest bet is to cover all areas of concern.