Square foot cost to build in Austin, TX

Asked by Builder, Austin, TX Thu Jun 28, 2012

Answers

4
Betina Foreman’s answer
Betina Forem…, Agent, Austin, TX
Sun Jul 1, 2012
I managed a construction office for both Commercial Builders and a high end residential builder. These cocts vary widely based on the cost of the lot and the finishout selections. For example Formica kitchen counters are cheap between $20-40PSF, but if you choose Green materials (concrete, recycled glass, etc.) it will cost more in the $50-80PSF range, if you choose a high quality solid granite or natural stone you could be paying $50-200 per square foot plus installation costs. You could install $15 can lights or opt for a $3000 light fixture. So it all depends on who is building the house. There is not correct answer.
Jolie Kirsten, Agent, Austin, TX
Thu Jun 28, 2012
Anywhere from $75 to around $140 per square foot, depending on your selections. My husband is a builder in Austin, http://www.jkirstenhomes.com. Feel free to give him a call and he'd be glad to give you a consultation.
Well, now we know that Agents don't know anything about building a house. The year you posted this I know big builders that were building for $50 - $75 who built 2500 houses that year. Your husbands website did not come up so I figure... well...
Flag Thu Feb 2, 2017
in 2016- they are chargin 200 sq ft.
Flag Tue Aug 9, 2016
Carl Heldmann, Other Pro, Charlotte, NC
Mon Sep 24, 2012
You can do a rough estimate of the cost to build a house in Austin, TX or any city for that matter, by following my simple instructions and using the easy to use and free cost estimating software found on my Cost Estimating page.
If you have any problems let me know.
Carl Heldmann
Ronald Culli…, Agent, Austin, TX
Thu Jun 28, 2012
All over the place. Cost per square foot can be affected by regulation, location, and quality of the products used. Minimal costs (as purchased by owner of property after being built) are in the 60 dollar range and top ends we see are often in the $400 (or higher) range.