Home Buying in Mashpee>Question Details

Chuck, Other/Just Looking in Boston College, MA

Someone killed himself in the codo at 300 Falmouth RD #12??? Bad luck?

Asked by Chuck, Boston College, MA Sat Oct 9, 2010

Answers

9
Chuck,
Luck has nothing to do with it, unless you are superstitious. If we knew what everyone did inside the privacy of their own home, buying a home would be much more complicated. The value is in the eye of the purchaser. If you can live with it, so can many others. There are many condos available in Mashpee, 109 as of today, so don't feel pressured unless the deal is too good.
2 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 10, 2010
Look at the property with an objective eye and see how you feel
Hi again. I just read what Joe Arnao wrote below and he's right. What was I thinking when I posted? He made me think twice about how I felt towards this condo. If you love it, go for it. No ghosts, just thinking wrong.

GOOD LUCK.

Scott Miller, Reatly Associates, Boca Raton, FL
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 10, 2010
Hi Chuck. Very sad, I don't know what the law is for disclosure, but I would not want to buy this place to live in for myself, FOR SURE. Just gives me the heebie jeebies. Bad energy and all that...

GOOD LUCK.

Scott Miller, Realty Associates, Boca Raton, FL
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 9, 2010
It takes courage to end it all. I couldn't do it. It just means that one thing happened so something else will.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 9, 2010
Everywhere I've been licensed murders have to be disclosed, suicides do not. This can undoubtedly have an effect on value, but not always. There are some people out there who look for this type of home. I don't work with them but have come across them working with other agents. This is similar to people who want to buy "haunted" houses.. few and far between but they are out there.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 9, 2010
Sadly this happens more times than anyone cares to think about. If I were the listing agent of the property in question the information would be disclosed to prospects thinking about buying the property. I'd rather a buyer know before sealing the deal rather than a neighbor telling them about the incident after they just moved in

Sandy Farmer
Realtor, CSSN
John Hall & Associates
sandy@land-homes.com
Web Reference: http://homesales411.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 9, 2010
Keep in mind that opinions are often subjective.....
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 9, 2010
it's all a matter of personal preference what this means.
Web Reference: http://www.Medfordhouse.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 9, 2010