So next week I should get my clear to close from my lender and all of everything as far as packets, homeowners insurance has been handed in.

Asked by CamBo, Milwaukee, WI Sat May 25, 2013

I also completed everything regarding my conditions and my lender said I am in line for clear to close next week. Is it safe to say that the money for my two/three month reserve can now be used to get a cashiers check and things for my new home? Or should I wait? They already pulled my credit twice so Im sure I should be in the clear. Thanks for any feedback!

Answers

3
Heather Steg…, , Brookfield, WI
Wed Jul 10, 2013
Just like everyone else had said, you really should wait until you have signed and you have the keys in hand to spend any of that. A lender can do a last minute check at any point and are still verifying everything even after you are clear to close.
Diana Kryszak, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Thu Jun 27, 2013
Do not do anything, except maybe "window shop" and develop a go to list for after closing. It is likely they there will be a credit statement pulled either the day before or the morning of your closing...and your employer is also likely to get a call regarding verification of employment.
Steve Parsons, Agent, Salisbury, MD
Sun May 26, 2013
My advice would be to wait. Anything could happen between now and closing.