Single family ranch home designs in Alpharetta?

Asked by Sam, Orlando, FL Sun Oct 27, 2013

My wife and I moved to Orlando recently. We were considering the Alpharetta area as well but at the time we were so focused on a single family ranch home with four bedrooms and 3 bathrooms and could not find such a design with the new home builders in the Alpharetta area. All designs were traditional two story homes. Our home is technically two stories but our second story has a fifth bedroom and fourth bathroom so we could live with that. Now, some of the realities of Orlando life have hit us including a low-wage, tourist economy where sustainable, good wage employment is hard to find, things are very spread out so you drive everywhere, and amenities of the big city are lacking and not to mention it can be uncomfortably hot and the love bugs are annoying. We may have made a mistake especially for economic reasons but also for other reasons.

Are there any homebuilders in the Alpharetta area or nearby with ranch home designs?

Answers

3
Janie Slater, Agent, Roswell, GA
Tue Nov 4, 2014
Sam, the search engine on my site is designed to let you set up searches to receive alerts when new properties hit the market that meet your criteria. So while ranches are fairly rare in this area (Alpharetta and surrounding), you can be alerted when new properties hit the market and possibly see and make an offer on one that you like right away. visit janieslater.com and use the search tool.
Web Reference:  http://www.janieslater.com
Hank Miller, Agent, Alpharetta, GA
Mon Nov 25, 2013
Ranches have a larger footprint which means larger lots which means few lots which means less profit for builders. While there are out there, most new/newer ones are on small lots.

There are ranches built in the 80's-90's that may work - I have sold many over the years and appraised even more.

Let me know if interested - thanks.
J, Agent, Alpharetta, GA
Mon Oct 28, 2013
Sam,

There are home builders in the Aplharetta area that will build ranch homes. It just may take a bit of searching to find the right one. One option that home buyers are not aware of is that many developments will allow you to have your own builder design and build the home.

Additionally, there is the option of building on your own land.

To help you find a property that meets your specific needs, I will need a bit more information. Give me a call at 678.446.6645 or email me direct at jeff@jeffsellsga.com .

As a resident of this area and a professional, full time Realtor, I can assure you of the greatest level of expertise and knowledge about the Alpharetta, Milton, Johns Creek and Roswell areas and I would welcome the opportunity to apply at expertise for you.

Warm Regards,

Jeff

Jeff Cronin, Realtor®
Prudential Georgia Realty
678.446.6645
Jeff@JeffSellsGA.com

Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices
COMING DECEMBER 10, 2013! For more information visit BHHSGeorgia.com