Signed a contract with a realtor, however, they are not working when we are available. Is there a way to get out of it?

Asked by Dazed And Confused, 78613 Mon Aug 23, 2010

Answers

7
Le Green Sch…, Agent, Anderson Mill, TX
Wed Jun 27, 2012
These are good answers,, Few brokers would want an unhappy client to feel stuck without relief.
So sending an email, as suggested below, with a copy to the broker, should suffice to get a termination of the representation agreement.
Most of us just want to have a written notice and to know where we stand in oreder to terminate, as long as no contracts or offers have been signed.
Buyers House…, , Texas
Tue Aug 24, 2010
D & C,

Hello and good morning. Sorry to hear your agent is MIA. Unfortunately all realtors are not created equally. To answer your question, 1st it totally depends on what type of agreement you signed. For example, my agreement allows you out of it at any time, all you need to do is send an email, and request to discontinue the agreement. I believe no one should be forced to work with an agent. "Talk about a miserable time finding you a home." Although I am quite unique in that I give a large % of my commission to my buyers, so I have less to lose. Some agents use the Residential Buyer Representation Agreement- TAR- 1501, and it is up to their broker if they will allow you to cancel earlier than the expiration date on the contract. You may be able to request another agent from that same office, as the agreement is with the broker, not the agent!

Good luck, and if you have any questions feel free to send me an email, as I gladly give advice to buyers...

P.S. I love referrals! If you ever have a friend of family member that might need the services of a professional buyers agent company, please refer them to http://www.BuyersHouseRealty.com

BuyersHouseRealty is the virtual evolution of real estate, and we firmly believe in educating buyers! So much that we pay our buyers for their education! Learn more>> http://www.buyershouserealty.com/WhyChooseUs!

Happy House Hunting,

Gavin St.Louis
Managing Broker/Owner
BuyersHouseRealty
"The Real Deal"
Thomas Tolbe…, Agent, Savannah, GA
Mon Aug 23, 2010
Before you sign a Buyer's Agency Agreement with your Realtor it's always a good idea to discuss your expectations. Most buyers have to work around their busy schedules and Realtors may have many other clients and sometimes it is difficult to always be available on your schedule. I would first suggest communicating with your Realtor and express your concerns and expectations and see if you can come to an agreement.

If not, read your contract and you will likely find that it's as simple to terminate as either party, your broker or yourself, notifiying the other party in writing. If that's not the case I would suggest calling your agent's broker and asking to be released from the agreement. Good Luck.
Dianne Hicks, Agent, Rancho Bernardo, CA
Mon Aug 23, 2010
Dazed and Confused

If you are sure about your decision put it in an email so you have it is writing. Ask to be released and explain why. State that you would like a response within 24 hours. If they do not respond then call their broker to get released from it. This is the biggest purchase of your life and you deserve to have the best representation possible.

Good Luck!!!

Kindest Regards
Dianne Hicks
HomeSmart Real Estate
Web Reference:  http://www.di4homes.com
Keith Dowdle, , 78613
Mon Aug 23, 2010
Hello Dazed and Confused,

Sorry to hear you are not getting the level of service you deserve. 

I recommend you start by talking to your Realtor. Let them know your expectations and try to work out a better schedule

If that doesn't help I would ask them to terminate the contract with you. Most Realtors won't resist too much if you really don't want to work with them any more. If they refuse you can try talking to their Broker
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Mon Aug 23, 2010
You need work in concert with Realtor and your schedule. We interview the candidates determine what is best time of day. HOWEVER MANY client forget you are not our only client. I decline many calls when a person needs to go out look now.

High volume moving season a Realtor can be booked 24 hours till 7 days in advance with many clients and their schedules.

If you want out of the contract their broker is one you can release you from executed agreement

Lynn911.com
Web Reference:  http://www.lynn911.com
Nanci Zimmer…, , Cedar Park, TX
Mon Aug 23, 2010
Contact the broker or company that the realtor is associated with -- to see if there is another agent that can help you during the time frame that is convenient for you.

What area in Texas are you looking at?

Nanci Zimmerman