Shrewsbury or Westborough, MA?

Asked by Reshma, Massachusetts Fri Mar 21, 2008

Which is a better town to move into? Why?

Answers

3
Angela Dolber, Agent, Whitinsville, MA
Fri Mar 21, 2008
I think both have some good qualities about them. Both have higher valued homes. Both have good school systems and nice downtown areas, and are good commuting towns with Rtes 9, 20, 135, and 140. Lots of social activities in both towns during the summer and fall with festivals and cultural arts programs. Westborough is more open and country than Shrewsbury, but has more businesses within the city. Shrewsbury is right next door to Worcester and has Rte 9 for its business area. It would depend of course on what you are looking for in a town to really make that decision. I think either is a good pick!
Fales, , Westborough, MA
Mon Jan 3, 2011
I would vote Shrewsbury

Most people locate to WB for the public schools. However recently WB schools have been slipping. Fales is now dreadfully over crowded. Multiple families in my neighborhood who started there kids in WB public schools have switched to Bancroft by the time they reached high school. The tax base in WB is being crushed by the increasing cost of maintaining the school system, that in my opinion is not run in cost effective manner.

Shrewsbury will have a stronger tax base over the coming years because of the large commercial sector, including rt 9 businesses. Shrewsbury also has a downtown with more life and Dean Park. WB literally does not have any park system other than the trails around the bodies of water in town. Schools in SB have improved and have nearly closed the gap between themselves and WB, NB, etc.
Ed Hughes, M…, Agent, Ashland, OR
Fri Mar 21, 2008
My pick would be Westborough.....nice downtown area.....lot of open land.......
Web Reference:  http://www.efhughes.com