Home Buying in Clayton>Question Details

Tonya, Both Buyer and Seller in Harrisburg, NC

Should we close on our new home? We currently own a home and we have to have it rented.

Asked by Tonya, Harrisburg, NC Tue Sep 16, 2008

We are in a decent market in Harrisburg, NC - but we have a possiblity to get a bigger, nicer home in Clayton, NC with a great buy down rate. We need to move for peace due to family issues. We know we will be happier there but we are frightened by what we are hearing on the news. The buydown is 3.5, 4.5 ,5.5 fixed rate. Is this still a good time to buy or should we wait? The builder took off 75k and included all appliances and washer and dryer. I have a job that I can work from that location but my husband won't - he has a MBA and is very marketable but we don't want to lessen our opportunities by moving to Raleigh. We have our walk through scheduled this week but no renter in sight. PLEASE HELP. We have a potential renter but nothing is guaranteed. Anyone know the average home is waiting for renters in Charlotte or Harrisburg, NC?

Answers

1
Tonya,
I think you might need to repost your question. Trulia right now has it directed toward Clayton, Ohio. You need to have them direct it to Clayton, NC. Many times agents will only look at the questions for their geographic area. I am in NC but not near Clayton.