Should buyer's be bullish on buying real estate in 2013?

Asked by Timothy Waller, Wayne, NJ Sat Jan 12, 2013

Answers

4
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Mon Jan 14, 2013
"Bullish?" to me "bullish" implies being aggressive and creating opportunities where they my not really exist, taking risk that may not be well thought out.

Today's buyers are no doubt the most educated and best informed in the history of housing, in part because of the evolution of the information age. Markets are changing everywhere but at different rates. Thus, the Miami market may be further along in recovery than the Detroit market. 2013 buyers need to continue with the position that has helped the market to improve over the past 18 months, making solid, well informed and financially sound decisions.

Buyers in 2013 should be smart and informed....I see promoting a "bullish" platform as one leading to a market similar to the one of 2002-2005....one that helped create the mess we are so despirately trying to leave behind.

Respectfully,

Andrew Tisel…, Agent, Clifton, NJ
Mon Jan 14, 2013
I have a few investors that are very bullish buying several properties a month
Marsha Bowen…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Sun Jan 13, 2013
Yes, if they have the resources and credit. The new rules of QM will be kicking in 2014 which could result in fewer buyers being qualified for mortgages.
Laura Gianno…, Agent, Manahawkin, NJ
Sun Jan 13, 2013
Only if they're pre approved and are ready to move when they find the home that meets their needs.

Here in Little Egg Harbor at the Jersey Shore, homes for sale are available but not in the numbers they were this time last year.
Supply and demand will always dictate where the market is heading.
Flag Sun Jan 13, 2013