Should I use an attorney to do my short sale?

Asked by Michelle McDermott, Henderson, NV Tue Jul 9, 2013

Answers

10
Mike Hoffman, Agent, Henderson, NV
Tue Jul 9, 2013
It's too bad you have to be deceitfulto get a plug in for your boss. Most of short sale "negotiation" is detailed comunication that a competant Realtor should be able to handle. That same realtor will recognize situations that may require legal expertise. Sellers should not have to pay anyone if they have a legitimate short sale claim.
Maybe you should try misleading billboard ads like some of your competitors.
Robert Adams, Agent, Henderson, NV
Tue Jul 9, 2013
Michelle,
It is quit clear from this post and others you have posted today that you are not an actual homeowner in need of advice but rather a shill for Robert Noggle, Noggle Law PLLC. If Robert has useful advice maybe he should post it on here and if people find him knowledgeable they can contact him for his services. But posting like you are a homeowner in need of help then answering your own questions with phony ads for Robert Noggle, Noggle Law PLLC is not going to get you business. In fact it is insulting that you think people are too stupid to not see through the scammish ads you are posting. You make yourself and Robert Noggle, Noggle Law PLLC look bad and unethical.

If anyone really wants to know if they should use an attorney to do a short sale maybe you should read around and do a little research. I have seen several threads about people complaining how attorneys have over charged them for "short sale negotiations" and never got the deal done. A GOOD REAL ESTATE AGENT CAN GET A SHORT SALE DONE FOR THE CLIENT WITHOUT COSTING THE CLIENT A PENNY. I can not tell you how many deals I have seen fall apart due to attorneys' over worded contracts that scare off buyers, or that fell out because an attorney did not know how to negotiate with the lien holder properly.

Anyone interested in short selling their home with no out of pocket costs to the homeowner should contact me directly or fill out our seller's form here: http://lvrealestatehelp.weebly.com/selling-real-estate.html

Robert Adams
Broker/Salesman
The Adams Team at
Rothwell Gornt Companies
C:702-349-9175
O:702-932-8813
F:702-932-8826
RobertAdams@LVrealestateHELP.com
http://www.LVrealestateHELP.com
John Longeway, Agent, Henderson, NV
Tue Jul 9, 2013
Hi Michelle,
Would you hire a baker to cut your hair?
You do not need to hire an attorney for a real estate transaction.
I am a licensed Realtor® and also a certified Short Sale and Foreclosure Resource.
Call, email or text me and we can get the ball rolling for you.
I have an attorney that will give you a free 30 minute consultation to help if you feel the need.
I don't think you should pay for something you don't have to.
John J. Longeway
Realtor®-SFR
Harmonic Realty,Inc.
2300 Sahara Ave.
Ph- 702-325-4833
Email- johnlongeway@gmail.com
http://www.JJLVRealtor.com
Eve and Tyfa…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Sun Jul 14, 2013
No 2 short sales are the same. Realtors sale homes atoeneys do not. Who do you want to get you the most for your home. An attorney who will more the likely get you in bankruptcy because that is what they make their money on you can call the cattle call attorneys that advertis. Seller beware.
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Wed Jul 10, 2013
This example (the question and self-response) could not be a more perfect presentation of alterior intentions.
-
I overheard an advertised short sale attorney chatting up a bunch of investors after the meet up at Perkins. "Those real estate agents, " he begins. 'are real chumps. They send me their clients, I collect the $2,500 negotiation fee and all I'm going to do is force (by neglect) a foreclusure and lead then through bankruptcy where I get paid a lot more."
-
Attorney's can have multiple end games. The real estate professional has only one game: close the short sale, otherwise all you can enjoy is the pocket lint that remains. No secondary or tertiary income possibilities for the real estate professinoal.
-
The home owner must choose carefully.
The home owner must choose wisely.
Beware of the alteriors, the end game.
Well said.
Flag Wed Jul 10, 2013
Nathan Kessl…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Las Vegas, NV
Wed Jul 10, 2013
But in all seriousness........if you call a real estate professional, they are responsible for most of the short sales in Las Vegas. Call me today, and I'll put you in contact with a true professional in the field of short sale.

P.S......Answering your own questions on a message board is bad practice.

Check me out on the National Real Estate Post!
http://thenationalrealestatepost.com/find-a-professional/mor…

Thank you for choosing City First Mortgage Services,

Nathan T. Kessler | Mortgage Loan Originator
City First Mortgage Services
8871 W Flamingo Rd Suite 202
Las Vegas, NV 89147
(C) 702.683.3126 | (F) 702.974.0848 | (O) 702-522-6743
nathan.kessler@city1st.com http://www.city1stlasvegas.com
Company NMLS # 3117 | Branch NMLS # 819501
Individual NMLS # 377217 NV #46175
Becky Zisk, Agent, Henderson, NV
Wed Jul 10, 2013
That is your decision but I say NO. Any professional realtor can negotiate your short sale and you won't be a "Number." Simply pick up the phone and call a realtor - trust me - you will be much happier and you will keep the money in your POCKET! Good luck! Becky
David Cooper, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Wed Jul 10, 2013
Almost 90% of short sales done in Las Vegas are through real estate agents.

David Cooper Investing in Las Vegas since 1994
http://www.lasvegaswinner.org
702.499.7037
Wed Jul 10, 2013
Noggle's was great before it became Del Taco.
Laura Hauck, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Tue Jul 9, 2013
As a licensed Realtor, have assisted my clients with their short sales with zero cost to them. No attorneys fees & the bank pays the Realtor commissions. Zero out of pocket expense to the seller. I have never had a short sale I submitted for my clients denied by the bank & our team has 100% success in closing them. My team & I negotiate with the bank directly & provide follow up to all parties to reach a successful close of the short sale for the seller. Contact me if you need help.
702-875-1154 Laura Hauck