Lpaige, Home Buyer in 10027

Should I requset Condo Association Meeting Minutes?

Asked by Lpaige, 10027 Fri Sep 14, 2012

As a condo buyer, I've heard that I should ask to review budget, cash reserves, and meeting minutes to fully understanding how efficiently the condo association runs. It's been like pulling teeth to get this. The seller keeps saying that it's new construction and that this is an unusual request. Is it? Every advice book/site I've read has suggested reviewing these documents.

Answers

1
Charley Podo…, Agent, Aspen, CO
Fri Sep 14, 2012
I'm not sure what State you are located in. In Colorado a seller is required to furnish Condominium Association Meeting Minutes, Budgets, Rules and Regulations, Covenants and Articles of Incorporation to prespective buyers. If the complex is new and there has not been any Association Meeting there will not be any minutes. However all of the Condominium Documents, Articles of Incorporation and Coventants, should be recorded with the County where the complex is located. The Developer should have prepared a budget to establish Home Association Fees.