M, Home Buyer in Alexandria, VA

Should I buy a large, higher quality TH in Centreville or a smaller one in Springfield, same price?

Asked by M, Alexandria, VA Tue Apr 1, 2008

Answers

4
M, Home Buyer, Alexandria, VA
Fri Jun 6, 2008
Thank you Rebecca! This is wonderful advice, and not something you hear very often at all.
Michael Stra…, Agent, Stafford, VA
Thu Jun 5, 2008
I think you should make a list of your priorities? It is not all about dollars and cents. Are you living alone? Do the other occupants have ideas? Do you like city or suburbs? Are both homes in the same condition? and do they both have the same HOA fees? Sometimes, I recommend going to the home you are considering buying - in the evening. Just sit for awhile and watch the sun go down. Go back and take a walk at each on an early Sunday morning. One will certainly rule out over the other. When it is right you know it! If you are still not sure, maybe you should wait. Maybe you haven't found the perfect home yet?
FrankyRealty, , Arlington, VA
Tue May 20, 2008
Do both.

Get a larger Springfield place and beat them down on the price.
Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Wed Apr 2, 2008
As Chris says, it's a matter of personal choice. It depends on a variety of factors, including where you work and your commute...how much space you need...whether you like newer (which the Centreville ones probably are) or somewhat older (which many of the Springfield ones probably are), and so on. And it depends on the amenities you like around you. And it depends where in Springfield--that's one of those areas that stretches for miles.

Appreciation-wise, both should do fine in the long term. Springfield has a great location, right at the Beltway, close to 95/495/395. BRAC should help, too. Meanwhile, Centreville used to be out in the boondocks, but now--especially with the development in Tyson's and Reston, as well as along Rt. 28--is nicely located. And it's right off of 66.

I'm both a Realtor and real estate investor; let me know if I can help you further.