Devgdutt, Home Buyer in

Should I buy a house with telephone poles and wires close to the backyard?

Asked by Devgdutt, Sat May 4, 2013

It seems that it is only yours or another buyers preference. Unless you are trying to utilize over-the-air television reception, which can be affected by power lines near your property. Other than that you may be happy and it not affect you as long as when you decide to sell it does not turn sellers away. You always need to remember what was going through your mind when you decided to purchase the property and that is what your potential buyers will be thinking when you try to sell.

I seems to be a personal thing and some have issue with it and some do not.
I did and I am a Realtor living in the 75022 zip code. It is all about your personal preference. If you find the right house in the area you are looking in then it is absolutely okay. We did it and we love it. Some say you will not be able to sell it. I have not found that to be the case. Any questions give me a call.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 8, 2013
No, under no circumstances.
Keep in mind that while the utility poles may not bother you, they may indeed bother a purchaser when you try to sell years from now. I would generally expect the home to be discounted somewhat because this would be considered a somewhat unusual property.
It is all your personal choice. My wife and I avoided a beautiful home located just southwest of you here in Texas because we didn't want to stare and the power lines as we were taking in the evening sunsets. But of course that was our take. We ended finding a home a little further away that was located on a greenbelt which seemed to be a little more pleasing to the eye. Having just relocated to TX, your choices for homes are way greater here than in CA and in other states.

In CA there are 25 or more offers per house and there all being swallowed up by cash investors. Just be a little patient, you will find something that fits your needs. FYI, if your planning on buying in the near future, if you would consider buying north of the 1171 or even south of Lake Grapevine, we have a $0 Down Program up to $417,000.00 that covers a lot of homes in the northern part of Flower Mound and further north and even Trophy Club and Roanoke to the south. If you are interested, please click on the link for more information.

Best of Luck!

Web Reference: http://www.AFN-Loans.com
Hi Dev

Many areas have home with telephone poles above ground, they
should be a non issue.

Now if you said that there are Power Line wires running through
that would be a different issue.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 4, 2013
No professional should ever render an opinion unless they can complete a property tour determine where these items are located in relationship to the property.

If you are not represented by a Realtor contact my office Sunday where I can show we can tour the home .

Flower Mound homes for sale Flower Mound Tx - website updated daily

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
http://www.lynn911.com 100's of Dallas homes listed for sale or lease

Follow me on Facebook
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 4, 2013
Plenty of people do.....the person you are buying from did, and so did their neighbors?

I'm with you, the less distractions the better.....busy streets, electric wires, etc, but it is always a give and take.

There may be other or better options. What does your realtor say? If you don't have one, we can assist you and give you our opinion.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 4, 2013
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
In todays crazy market, people are buying everything quickly and not taking into consideration when the market takes a downswing again, will the house re-sell? Good question. My answer to any of my buyers would be this...it will take some buyers out of play. It may allow you as a buyer a little negotiating room. But frankly, does it bother you seeing them? Go with your gut! Best wishes with your decision!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 4, 2013