Should I, as a FSBO, sign an Authorization to Show Form & pay commission form to a buyer's agent?

Asked by raj9475, Allison Park, PA Mon Oct 1, 2012

Answers

4
RUNZI LOAN F…, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Wed Nov 18, 2015
My name is Runzi Moore,CEO Runzi loan firm i offer 2.5% loan contact me personally with this email. runziloanfirm@outlook.com
Bruce Kocher, Agent, Hillsdale, NJ
Sun Sep 27, 2015
If your point of view is one of a seller asking for more than the market will bear on a home and who doesn't need to sell it at any time in the near future, don't waste your time. On the other hand if you really want to sell it at the best possible (realistic) price in a reasonable amount of time, the answer is yes, by all means. You will never know what the market price really is until you get a optimum number of real, pre-qualified buyers to actually see it real time. Get as many real buyers in there. What do you care if the realtor makes a little money as long a you get what you feel is right for you. You don't have to accept any offers if they don't meet your demands. If I was to get 10 offers on my FSBO and 9 of them came without a realtor but the best one comes from an agent and is netting me the most, well that's a slam dunk. Even more so, because I have a professional who is going to see that this deal gets to the finish line.
Lisa Cross, Agent, Knoxville, TN
Mon Oct 1, 2012
Dear raj9475,

I have been an agent in SC, NC, and now TN, but I assume the Authorization to Show forms are similar. Based on that, it is very typical for a real estate agent with a buyer to ask for commission in order to bring in their buyer. Typically, in the areas I have worked, you are paying about half of what you would be paying if you listed your property with an agent. Keep in mind, however, that the agent is representing the buyer's interests and not yours.

I would highly suggest that you become familiar with real estate contracts if you are selling by owner. When someone makes an offer on your property, whether through an agent or as an individual, you need to understand the importance of how it is written in order to protect yourself. Also, please take precautionary measures when showing your property. I would show only by appointment, and make sure the interested buyers are not looking for owner financing if you are not willing to hold the mortgage.

I hope this is helpful and good luck!
Alan May, Agent, Evanston, IL
Mon Oct 1, 2012
Only if you're interested in selling your house.